Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Delighted! :D

• First time I installed BBPress it didn’t work, for some odd reason there was no way to login.

So I wiped away and re-installed and now it’s all working. At the moment I’m using a downloadable theme and integrating the forum into my WordPress just by using an iFrame on a page.

It’s a bit of a naff way of doing it but the style of the forum actually works well enough with my WordPress theme that I’m contemplating keeping it and not really making any changes.

Anyway, I literally just did this an hour or so ago and I think everything’s working, feel free to take a look and tell me what you think!

http://www.maxumi.co.uk/maxumiforum/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • P.S

I know using an iFrame isn’t really the way to do it…but I’ve no idea how to directly integrate the forum into the existing theme.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Looks great but frame is definitely not the way to do it

If the part on top is just html, copy the html into bbpress’s header.php and make sure you include the stylesheet.

If it’s being rendered by wordpress, just copy the final result (use the view selected source feature on Firefox, etc.)

Although I would not attempt what I am recommended unless you know html+css.

Good idea – I’ll try that.

I’ve followed a guide to get the themes integrated.

Other than tweaking the BBPress theme, it’s basically all working now.

Bye-bye iFrame!

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Looking good!

Now just put some margin on your #content box (for bbpress) and it will be set, ie.

#content {margin:0 50px;}

unless you want it to touch the sides.

Isn’t it great how easy bbpress can be shoved into existing pages?

It works like a treat…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar