Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Deep integration problems, need some help.

• Right now, I’m trying to deep integrate bbPress with my current WP website. I’ve consulted a lot of forum but nothing seems to help me fix my problem. Here’s what happened:

When I included the line

require_once(‘/var/www/w3/wp-load.php’);

I can’t access my bbPress site anymore. It gives me an Error 500 instead. I don’t have any idea where to go from this. The tutorials online doesn’t help fixing this problem. It seems that this single line is having some attitude, I don’t know.

I consulted the error log and gives me some errors like this. I only copied few lines, but there are several similar error for different bbPress php files.

[Fri Jan 07 23:47:52 2011] [error] [client 18.96.6.7] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/w3/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581, referer: http://domain.tld/forum/bb-admin/options-wordpress.php

[Fri Jan 07 23:53:55 2011] [error] [client 18.96.6.7] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/w3/wp-includes/cache.php on line 93, referer: http://domain.tld/forum/bb-admin/users.php

[Sat Jan 08 00:00:15 2011] [error] [client 18.96.6.7] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/w3/forum/bb-settings.php on line 186, referer: http://domain.tld/forum/bb-admin/users.php

I would really appreicate some help. I really would want to integrate both.

Thanks!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Try instructions from my article – bbPress deep integration

Try instructions from my article – bbPress deep integration

Ah looks like, syntax highlighting is messing up the code.

Can you try adding this instead of your line?

/* Deep integration */
    if ( !defined('ABSPATH') & !defined('XMLRPC_REQUEST')) {
    define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
    include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' );
    header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK");
    header("Status: 200 All rosy");
    }

Not sure about your errors though.

Ah looks like, syntax highlighting is messing up the code.

Can you try adding this instead of your line?

/* Deep integration */
    if ( !defined('ABSPATH') & !defined('XMLRPC_REQUEST')) {
    define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
    include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' );
    header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK");
    header("Status: 200 All rosy");
    }

Not sure about your errors though.

Actually, I tried following your instructions before I posted of this forum. However, it still gives me and HTTP 500 error. Viewing at the log, it gives me a series of PHP Deprecated errors.

Any other ideas? I’m so confused where to go from this. I have no idea what’s wrong.

Actually, I tried following your instructions before I posted of this forum. However, it still gives me and HTTP 500 error. Viewing at the log, it gives me a series of PHP Deprecated errors.

Any other ideas? I’m so confused where to go from this. I have no idea what’s wrong.

Do you get those errors without deep integration?

Do you get those errors without deep integration?

With only the basic intergration, I can get my bbPress install running smoothly. WP logins and BB logins seems to work with each other fine. Yes, everything else works pretty well as expected. However, I can’t seem to have the deep integration work for me.

I will really appreciate if I could get the deep integration work since I badly need it to get the purpose of my site.

With only the basic intergration, I can get my bbPress install running smoothly. WP logins and BB logins seems to work with each other fine. Yes, everything else works pretty well as expected. However, I can’t seem to have the deep integration work for me.

I will really appreciate if I could get the deep integration work since I badly need it to get the purpose of my site.

what is basic integration

what is basic integration

Basic integration is where WP and bbPress share cookies, users, and login sessions. Basically, they don’t share functions. Deep integration will allow that. However, I am having some trouble deep integrating the two with my current theme.

Basic integration is where WP and bbPress share cookies, users, and login sessions. Basically, they don’t share functions. Deep integration will allow that. However, I am having some trouble deep integrating the two with my current theme.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar