Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Deep Integration Issue

• Okay. I figured out what I was doing wrong with everything else, but this one has me stumped.

I’m attempting to deep integrate WP 2.8 and BP 1.0 RC3.

I’m using the following:

if ( !defined( ‘ABSPATH’ ) ) {

include_once( ‘/home/content/a/m/a/amaron11/html/wp-load.php’ );

}

From here: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/first-pass-at-a-fix-for-deep-integration-in-trunk#post-21572

I will note that even changing that to wp-blog-header.php gives me the same problem.

When not commented out, that set of lines causes a 500 Internal Server Error when attempting to access the dashboard.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

However, it does not cause this error for either the blog page or the forum page. They do load quite slowly though.

I’m utterly confused by this one. And ready to go to bed. I hope someone has some sort of guidance when I wake up in the morning!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

i use this without problem:

require_once( ‘/path/to/file/…/html/wp-blog-header.php’ );

it’s the same use wp-load.php

I’m still getting the same issue, but now it’s 500 for all the website.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

A 500 error is just a syntax error or maybe a function that’s not available to you. Is there any logging you can look at to see what the actual logged error message might be? Maybe something else in the bb-config.php has a syntax error. Can you check the syntax of that file with command line PHP on the server: php5 -l bb-config.php or php -l bb-config.php maybe? (that’s a lowercase L for “lint”)

There’s no sense posting a modified config file here since checking the actual file is the only thing that matters.

Okay.. SSH’d in and did the php lint and it comes up saying No syntax errors detected in bb-config.php

I’m not sure where to find my error logs.. Let me dig around and see if I can’t find it!

[Sun Jun 21 20:04:07 2009] [error] [client 64.183.193.41] Premature end of script headers: /var/chroot/home/content/a/m/a/amaron11/html/bbpress/index.php

[Sun Jun 21 20:04:12 2009] [error] [client 72.167.232.7] Premature end of script headers: /var/chroot/home/content/a/m/a/amaron11/html/bbpress/index.php

[Sun Jun 21 20:04:17 2009] [error] [client 72.167.232.7] Premature end of script headers: /var/chroot/home/content/a/m/a/amaron11/html/bbpress/index.php

I’m not really familiar with deep integration, so I don’t have any insight beyond just looking for similar errors reported on the forums.

That error has only come up twice that I can see:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Premature+end+of+script+headers+site%3ABbpress.org

The first user didn’t report the fix, although a few other users in that same thread reported alternate approaches that resolved the issue for them.

The second user mentioned a conflict with a plugin.

Thanks, john. My error log says a lot and so I’m trying to figure out if it is a plugin that’s culprit or if it’s something much deeper!

Okay.. Suddenly the error log got like 100x bigger..

pastebin: http://pastebin.com/m2e9b3dd7 (DNE)

Okay.. Figured out the first part of the problem. It was an issue with bbPress Live. Now doing some stuff to make sure it’s not something I’ve done.. Hopefully it’s not the plugin.

I think it’s just the plugin.. Going to consider this resolved for now. If for some reason it’s not the plugin, I’ll unmark it resolved.

Immelody, just curious if you could give a quick run through of how you were able to apply (or convert) your wordpress theme to bbpress. I’ve been trying to learn how to do it, and so far what I’ve read is to copy the header and footer from wordpress to bbpress. Problem is I’m not that great at programming so it’s a bunch of guess work. I’ve been trying to do it unsuccessfully for about 3 months now…

Sorry to bother you, but if you could help I’d really appreciate it and I’m sure it would help others as well!

Edit: I forgot to mention I have the databases integrated although I’m not sure how I managed that :) It’s just recreating the theme that is really stumping me.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar