Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom Theme Issues – 403 errors and missing Screenshots

• For some reason I am getting errors when I try to install a custom theme. I took a default theme and copied it into the my-templates directory and it seems all permissions stuck as the default but I am getting an UNstyled site (CSS path is correct) and even the Screenshot sin’t displaying (just a blank image) in the Admin area.

See below (but permissions *are* all correct):

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /wp/bbpress/my-templates/mythemetest/screenshot.png on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Really? No one has insight on this? Damn, I was hoping this was an easy fix and maybe just some oversight on my part somewhere.

It may be easy, but please remember folks have lives and this is a free, volunteer, support forum.

URL please?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I’m willing to bet permissions are NOT correct despite what you think.

Chmod /my-templates/ and /mythemetest/ to 750

ppc-coder

@ppc-coder

I’m was having the same problem. The problem was that the “my-templates” folder had 0750 permissions (no public access!). To fix this, set the permissions on the “my-templates” folder to 0755 to add public read and execute.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar