Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom profile fields

• Rambomst

@rambomst

I am having an issue getting custom profile fields to work.

I have used the following code as a wordpress plugin and a bbPress plugin:

function set_my_profile_info_keys($myarray) {

$myarray = array(

‘testfield’ => array(0, __(‘TestField’))

);

return $myarray;

}

add_filter(‘get_profile_info_keys’, ‘set_my_profile_info_keys’);

However this doesn’t show the field on a users profile to allow them to edit it. I have also tried other variations of this code I have found on this forum and others but to no avail.

Any help getting this working would be much appreciated.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• thetalltree

@thetalltree

I have been trying to figure this out for months now without much luck. To the point that I am planning to shift to some other forum software.

It would be nice if someone could explain in proper/simple steps as to how you can add custom profile fields?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress uses WordPress’s user profiles code, so any new fields you add to the dashboard profile (with a plugin or otherwise) should be mirrored in the theme. If you need an easy GUI to create profile fields, try BuddyPress.

There are a bunch of examples on how to do this with WordPress. Follow those instructions and you should be fine.

Rambomst

@rambomst

They aren’t mirrored and if the extra fields are manually added into the theme then on update they aren’t set. I have looked through a lot of the bbPress files and can’t work out where I should add some custom code so on user profile update it will also update the custom entries I added.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

What code are you using to register the extra field in user profiles? If it’s not showing up it’s likely not correct.

Rambomst

@rambomst

It’s not “incorrect”. Its just not “complete”. I am using Cimy Extra User Fields, I changed forum-user-edit.php to include the new field. I then set the field in the admin panel with a value which is being populated correctly however I was unable to find the function where all the information is being saved in bbPress when “Update User” is being clicked so I cant put in the code needed to save the Cimy fields.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Ah ok, well the problem is using Cimy Extra User Fields. It’s a great plugin but if I recall correctly it doesn’t use WP’s usermeta system, so the traditional way of getting it to work with bbPress profiles might not work.

Rambomst

@rambomst

Do you know of one that does work? Maybe even include the steps that are needed?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar