Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Custom login Page

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

Hi Lesego,

As a general rule, we strongly advise users not to modify core WordPress/bbPress files under any circumstances. There are a whole host of issues you could be causing.

I recommend taking a look at “Customizing the Login Form -> Make a Custom Login Page

innomarkglobal
    Participant

@innomarkglobal

Shane answer is right you should take a look before any modification.
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Login_Form#Make_a_Custom_Login_Page

Hello Shane, 3 Reasons Why Hacking the WordPress Core is a Very Bad Idea, its a pretty great aticle you shared there, ( actually i smiled when reading ” each time you attack core God kills a kitten”) but some of there reasons dont convience me why i shouldnt customise my site… I thought putting some css.style in andmin css, is the same as changing the color of my website in childtheme but since it seems like a very bad idea I will not argue and look for more reason why I shouldnt do that.

Innomarkglobal, i aggree that you can make your own custom login page and stay away from the core file as Shane says, but still your custom login doesn’t avoid your visitors from landing on the core login. For example if you click submit button on your custom login without feeling your login details it redirect to …/wp-login.php and it will not pop a message that you have not entered ditails, which i personally think is not a great idea… I am not sure yet if there is a way to make visitor stay in your custom login even if there is a login error, if there is i am sure it will consume time to make it.

My Personal Advice to this is “Do not edit anything unless you know what you are doing”. And note that you will loss your style every time you upgrade, if you edit core.

Thanks WordPress.
    Regards Lesego Keikabile
    Beautiful Day 🙂

Take a look around at http://www.ratsclan.com, this site is just WordPress and bbPress and as far as I can tell nothing in the ‘core’ of either bbPress or WordPress has been hacked.

It is a pretty good showcase site showing what can be done without killing kittens…

Hello, Stephen.  Looking at the were things are, accoding to my little experience since i  started using wordpress, I know the is no how wp-login.php page can look this way without editing the core css Because wp-login.php file is not located in a child theme root so its a lil difficult, to call css style from a child theme that will edit the apparence of page that is not in the child theme… Unless The web-owner used a plugin to replace the core, still as i mentioned above it looks the same as other pages because there is no page header, though it was made to suit the site appearance… What if you want to call the header, for those who have a different websites with a header.  Maybe i dont know something does removing a link that you dont want or any code in wp-login.php called hacking core? If it is then there was core hacking on the link you just shared. In royaltweet.com i just called the header,  edited css style and removed the links that i didnt like, eg login title and everything became great.

Haha, I am pretty sure nobody will want to kill kittens… I too wouldnt want to see them dying.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar