Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

CSS Plugin

• Solidify
    Participant

@solidify

My theme comes with an option in the settings to add my own CSS codes. I love it because I’m just starting out and learning a lot about CSS by just putting snippets of code in there and seeing what it does. Of course none of it fazes my forum and that really really sucks because I’ve read a lot of great reviews about bbPress and I’d like to use it on my site.

Why doesn’t bbPress have the same feature? Is there an up to date plugin I can use, or do I have to create a custom style sheet?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I have thought several times about building a bbPress styling plugin, but not had time yet !

There’s plenty about styling in the documentation

Codex

including a styling crib

bbPress Styling Crib

and instructions on how to style

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – part 2

Brent Brooks
    Participant

@blankstage

I use a theme and drop in CSS in an ePanel. So far it seems to be working. CSS confuses me but I think it is the code that creates the forum and the makers have made it so when you do it it does not destroy the core of the code – but one can alter it and delete it later and it all returns to normal…

Robin W

@robin-w

@blankstage – not a bad description of what css does. css (cascade style sheets) changes the way the information is displayed – for instance font sizes, colours, where stuff appears, backgrounds. So the core code decides what is displayed, and css how !

some themes allow you to alter css, some don’t, but you can use a plugin such as ‘simple css’ to add css code without needing to access the backend.

Why not just enter your custom bbPress CSS in your themes custom CSS Editor?

It should work just as it does for your themes CSS.

Brent Brooks
    Participant

@blankstage

Thanks Robin – I am going to try and contribute to some of the threads in hopes I can gain more knowledge. You and Stephen seem really like great help here! I need to start a few tickets I think but want to read more threads to get more of a feel. Loving the BBpress install and I can’t wait to have some deep discussions on my forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

@blankstage – great – I only started with wrodpress and bbpress 13 months ago, and have learnt a fantastic amount since then !

street2k
    Participant

@street2k

What would be a helpful idea is for people who has a customized css color template of the bbpress.css file to post an image of their theme with a copy of the css so anyone who would like to achieve the same or similar outcome as a guide. So the ppl who aren’t code savvy can use it for their forum. That way there is no need for a plugin to be created.

Jacobo Feijóo
    Participant

@jacobofeijoo

Well. I am a writer, not a developer. My theme makes my forum looks awful. If I try to change colors, fonts… I need to know CSS.

Developers: please… design a simple plugin for people like me. A very-simple-plugin that allows me to change colors, fonts and two or three things more. I would be help a lot to BBPress users than don’t know how to use CSS.

Hugs,

Robin W

@robin-w

Developers: please… design a simple plugin for people like me. A very-simple-plugin that allows me to change colors, fonts and two or three things more. I would be help a lot to BBPress users than don’t know how to use CSS.

It’s on my list of things to do when I get some time – agree it would be really useful, but I need to learn a bit more about how to get plugins to write css !

Robin W

@robin-w

It has taken me a while, and sorry @jacobofeijoo probably far too late for you, but just published a plugin that should do all the forum styling you need

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/

Jacobo Feijóo
    Participant

@jacobofeijoo

Robin, only a thing to say IT IS MARVELLOUS!! It makes exactly what I want. I am going to give you a 5 stars (or more, if I could).
    Anyway I saw 2 bugs:
    – topic index styling: I can put colour in number of voices but not in number of posts
    – Started by… appears in black, I cannot change the color
    – topic/replay styling: things like “moderator” “administrator” are shown in black. I cannot change the color.
    – my sign in posts (example “I am an idiot that speaks a poor English”) appears in black too. I cannot change colour.

If you like, I can send you screencaptures. Say me how.

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey thanks for responding – I’m a testing team of 1, so knew there would be bits that weren’t right or missing.

yes can you send me screenshots, that would be very kind.

Contact me

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar