Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Create New Topic "Topic Title" Interfering with forum title

• walkingmiller
    Participant

@walkingmiller

Hello. I just updated to bbPress 2.5.2 on WP 3.8, and am having a little trouble with the text box label bbp_topic_title (ie, Topic Title (Maximum length:80)) interfering with the forum title on the main page. On a post page, the text box label bbp_topic_tags (ie, Tags) also interferes with the forum title. For some reason it is not applying the labels to the text box and is putting it at the top of the page. Any thoughts on how to fix the issue? Here is a link to the site – http://smartchurch.staging.wpengine.com/?forum=confirmation-forum Let me know if you need any further information. Thank you!

walkingmiller

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• walkingmiller
    Participant

@walkingmiller

I should have specified that this only happens when you are logged into the site. Hopefully my description is enough to go off since you won’t be able to log into the forum. Thanks!

walkingmiller
    Participant

@walkingmiller

In case anyone else out there is having similar issues, I figured out a work-around. It is very hacky and I would love it if someone happened to have a better solution. In essence, the problem was with bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/form-topic.php. For some reason, the labels that were associated with bbp_stick_topic, bbp_topic_status, and bbp_topic_title were not wanting to adhere to the forms or drop down menus and the titles were being printed up by the forum title. To work around the issue, I just deleted the titles of the form and drop down menus. It is only a temporary solution, so I would love it if anyone had any ideas about why the labels might be breaking. I uninstalled every other plugin and reinstalled bbPress but still had the issue. Thanks for the help!

That is a little strange, was it only in one particular browser? (IE, Firefox etc)

Aside from that if you need to have custom templates the best way is to copy the template you need to a subfolder /bbpress of your theme to avoid it being overridden after an update.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

I’d suggest you copy that form-topic.php template per the above.

You could also try adding some CSS styling to those labels to make them work better with your theme.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar