Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Could WP and bbpress share the same template ?

• Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to have bbPress uses the style-sheet etc. from the template

I am using for WordPress, in order to have the same look and feel through the entire site.

That would be a real integration ;-)

Thanks

Alex

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • it is possible. Include the file wp-blog-header.php in the first line (after <?php) of your config.php. So, in every template file that calls bb_get_header() and bb_get_footer() you can replace them with get_header() and get_footer().

In this way you’re loading the WP header and footer … and if you want to include some CSS specifically for bbpress you’ll have to do it by means of a WP plugin or editing wordpress’ header files.

Thank you for your answer. It doesn’t sound that difficult.

how exactly do you include the blog-header in the config ?

If I understood correctly your config.php should look like this:

<?php

<?php get_header(); ?>

// ** MySQL settings ** //

Correction

<?php get_header();

// ** MySQL settings ** //

added this as per others instructions, are they the same ?

$bb->WP_BB = true;

require_once( ‘../wp-blog-header.php’ );

No. That one looks to be correct, though, but it may need modification depending on the relational positions of your files.

It can also be done by making the default bbpress theme look like your wordpress theme. I am almost done doing just that over at yourkahil.com

For the most part everything is the same, only a handful of changes/tweaks to the template files.

i figured just to pull in header and footer that way if any theme or navigation modifications are done on WP end it should refelct on the bbpress end too, looking to switch nav bar when user is logged in

for some reason this code although works in pulling in WP header/footer i notice that i cannot access the admin, is this the correct code ?

$bb->WP_BB = true;

require_once( ‘../wp-blog-header.php’ );

update: ok i worked it out, needed the full path :)

There is some great information on this here:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/seemless-wordpress-integration

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar