Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Convert breaks into paragraphs?

• wittmania

@wittmania

I’ve been fiddling around inside Ardentfrost’s Private Messaging plugin, which is very cool!

One question I have, though… it seems that when a PM is sent, it ignores the line breaks from the text area so that everything runs together. I suppose you could hard code the paragraph tags in, but most users would never take the time to do that.

This might belong in the discussion on that plugin’s page, but my question is a general one. In the normal BBP post routine, it automatically converts the double line breaks so they show up correctly in the post. How is this done, and is it simple enough that I could add it somewhere in the plugin to make it perform the same way when a new private message is posted?

Thanks!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• ardentfrost

@ardentfrost

hmm, to be honest, I didn’t notice it was doing that (maybe all my PMs are only one paragraph… oops).

I thought I had it setup so that it ran by the same posting rules as the main forum, but I’ll look into it as soon as I can.

wittmania

@wittmania

Just an update… it does work when breaks and paragraphs are hard coded in, just not automatically.

Thanks for checking into this.

wittmania

@wittmania

Sorry, but I wanted to bump this to the front to see if anyone could help me out.

Where is it in the post/edit routine that BBP converts line breaks to <br> tags and double-line breaks to <p> tags. If someone could point me in the right direction, I’m sure I could just add that routine to the private message post/edit plugin so it would work the same way as normal posts do.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

fel64

@fel64

At a wild guess from memory it’ll be in /bb-includes/formatingfunctions.php :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar