Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Controlling the number of posts shown in shortcode

• johni33
    Participant

@johni33

I’d like to have some control over the number of recent topics shown in the [bbp-topic-index] shortcode, presently it shows 15 items which is a too many for my liking.

Where is the limit set and can it be changed without disturbing the normal forum display?

Ideally I’d like this an option in the settings but I’m happy to edit the file for now.

John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime

@mercime

> Ideally Iā€™d like this an option in the settings but Iā€™m happy to edit
    > the file for now

Dashboard Settings > Forums — Per Page > Topics 15 Per Page
    Change 15 to the number you want

johni33
    Participant

@johni33

Great, that works ok.

Only thing is that is a global limit for both the widget and the main forum display and I’d like to have more showing when viewing the forum than when viewing the widget on the front page, is this possible (maybe calling a custom version of the form)?

Anonymous User 13302461
    Inactive

@anonymized-13302461

I can’t believe there isn’t more info on this.

I want to have maybe 5 topics listed at the top of my home page that have no replies. [bbp-single-view id="no-replies"]

Maybe under that I would like to have the 5 most popular topics, then the 5 most recent.

Why is there no way to control this with shortcodes and nobody has found a solution šŸ™

Robin W

@robin-w

‘Why is there no way to control this with shortcodes and nobody has found a solution šŸ™ ‘

Solutions require problems, and clearly not enough think this a problem. šŸ™‚

There are probably several hundred things that the developers are working on or could work on (I’m not a developer, just a volunteer helping here).

I’m not actually sure what you are saying isn’t there – is this just controlling the numbers, or are you after more functionality.

If you could write a detailed problem definition, I’ll take a look !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar