Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

control panel for new topics and replies

• folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I still have trouble locating new replies from users. I’m afraid that at this time I’m the one answering all my visitors questions. I hope others will start to jump in but for now I have to locate all the most current posts.

I subscribe each time for email but this notifies mes and the link will take me to a single post by this person. This is fine because I can determine from here what topic they are in and then go look for them.

I still would like to have a control panel in my dashboard where I can limit what is there to just the ones I have not viewed. this way I could act on them quicker.

I’d like to ignore the replies and topics where all duties have been accomplished and I have no action items to work on…

Does this make sense?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Makes sense. You should build it :)

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Well if I had half your talent I would… might make me millions.. :-) but after the fall foliage season is over if you want more info on this I’ll be glad to sit down and try to be real specific in what it should do…

If not I’ll do as I do now and make sure I’m subscribed to each topic and that way I get an email. I can’t tell from the dashboard under topics which one is which and the same for replies.

So if I go in from the back end (dashboard) I will spend quite a while trying to locate a specific reply to edit or answer.. So I always go in through the front end and reply to the person that way.

I just would like to have unanswered replies (by me) to be more evident.

Oh and I think I need to thank you since in some part, that your bbpress has helped me hit the 10,000 view mark (started the site this past April) and I beleive I’m getting great SEO from the forum…

Did I mention I’m running this in prime time? :-) I sure hope it doesn’t break before November… ;-)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Awesome :) Good to hear it. Should be pretty stable for many Novembers to come. :)

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Well so far it seems that way… and you’ve done a bang up job on it.

What else can I do to try to break it? :-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar