Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Content Area Search Box Removal

• cuzimjayfit
    Participant

@cuzimjayfit

I’ve viewed all of the previous searches for how to remove the search box that appears above the forum topics, but have not found anything that works.If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I also have some questions regarding changing the font to match also, but I will start another thread if I cannot find what I need. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Right now there isn’t an easy way to do it, but we are looking into that for the next release.

For now you can just hide it with CSS. Eg:

`
    .bbp-search-form {
    display:none;
    }
    `

You can put that in your theme’s style.css file.

cuzimjayfit
    Participant

@cuzimjayfit

I input this into my premium theme style.css file, but nothing happened. I also added into the css editor. Is there another place where I can possibly get the code to work? Thanks

cuzimjayfit
    Participant

@cuzimjayfit

Server didn’t update as quick as I thought… Thanks, it works!

bdsweat
    Participant

@bdsweat

@jaredatch just upgraded and the CSS fix worked for us, thanks!

We’d like to see a unified search with options to include WP site content and/or forums. Our current search uses a Google Custom Search Engine at this point with tabs (refinements) for “Articles” and “Forums”.

I’d really like to see an “easy way to [disable bbp search]” in a future release. It’s not critical, but I really don’t like that search form in our source, even if it’s hidden.

CNC411
    Participant

@cnc411

Worked great! Thank you!

EzYRiDaH
    Participant

@ezyridah

Found this little gem also 🙂 Works like a charm!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar