Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

conflict with blog

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Shouldn’t be related unless there is a slug conflict, which bbPress should notify you of.

The blog is missing from the first link, and both your forums and categories are broken in the second. Hard to make any guesses at what’s going on. Have you tried visiting your permalinks page and resaving them?

altmannhaus

@altmannhaus

I tried updating all of the permalinks, but other things began going wrong. I’m going to attempt a separate install just for the forums on a subdomain of the main site.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Good idea, but shouldn’t be necessary. If you can track down what’s wrong, a follow up post here would be great.

altmannhaus

@altmannhaus

I’ll keep working on it on my end. Thanks for the advice. The client will be happy to have both a working blog and working forums in the end as well as better control as to who can access each, due to the separate install. I’ll post back here when it’s all up and working.

altmannhaus

@altmannhaus

John,

I’ve successfully restored the working version of the basic site at http://www.lamarzoccousa.com and followed the instructions for moving a wordpress install (which I’ve done a number of times before successfully), but though the appearance of http://www.lamarzoccousa.com/forums looks like it should initially, it presents a 404 error when trying to view any of the forums or users.

This is over my head, as I’ve been trying to solve this original issue for the last few days. Do you have any advice?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Visiting the pemalinks page of the broken site, and clicking Save like I suggested above is how WordPress flushes out the rewrite rules, and replaces them with what should be a functioning set.

If the issue persists, it’s your theme or a plugin modifying the main query after bbPress is. This would most likely happen in the theme, or something hooked into a template action, probably by way of using the query_posts() function.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar