Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Configuring Config.php file?

• worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Hello,

Need some support configuring my bbPress Config.php file at http://patrimoineacadien.com/bbpress . My WordPress blog can be found at http://patrimoineacadien.com .

Have patience reason I don’t have advance programming knowledge.

Please continue reading below to find my bbPress Installation related questions.

Thanks a million for your support.

Robert Richard.

A) Did create a new MySQL database title patrimoi_bbpress, in my cPanel, for my new bbPress installation. Then, I inputted my already known/existing MySQL username and password. Is this correct?

<?php

// ** MySQL settings ** //

define(‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘***’); // The name of the database

define(‘BBDB_USER’, ‘***’); // Your MySQL username

define(‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ‘***’); // …and password

define(‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single database.

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’; // Only letters, numbers and underscores please!

B) Everything seems to look fine for the URL. What do you think?

// If your bbPress URL is http://bbpress.example.com/forums/ , the examples would be correct.

// Adjust the domain and path to suit your actual URL.

// Just the domain name; no directories or path. There should be no trailing slash here.

$bb->domain = ‘http://patrimoineacadien.com&#8217;; // Example: ‘http://bbpress.example.com&#8217;

// There should be both a leading and trailing slash here. ‘/’ is fine if the site is in root.

$bb->path = ‘/bbpress/’; // Example: ‘/forums/’

// What are you going to call me?

$bb->name = ‘Babillard PatrimoineAcadien.com’;

// This must be set before running the install script.

$bb->admin_email = ‘***’;

// Set to true if you want pretty permalinks.

$bb->mod_rewrite = true;

// The number of topics that show on each page.

$bb->page_topics = 30;

// A user can edit a post for this many minutes after submitting.

$bb->edit_lock = 60;

C) Getting the –1 years behavior. I’m Eastern Standard Time. How do I resolve?

// Your timezone offset. Example: -7 for Pacific Daylight Time.

$bb->gmt_offset = -4;

D) Did create new folder title languages in the following path bb-includes/languages; then I added fr_FR.mo file into above new folder. French language doesn’t seem to be working. How can I resolve?

// Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the

// chosen language must be installed to bb-includes/languages.

// For example, install de.mo to bb-includes/languages and set BBLANG to ‘de’

// to enable German language support.

define(‘BBLANG’, ‘fr_FR’);

E) Did I input the Akismet key at the right location?

// Your Akismet Key. You do not need a key to run bbPress, but if you want to take advantage

// of Akismet’s powerful spam blocking, you’ll need one. You can get an Akismet key at

// http://wordpress.com/api-keys/

$bb->baacc67278bb = true;

F) How do I configure the following in order to integrate my bbPress with my existing WordPress?

// The rest is only useful if you are integrating bbPress with WordPress.

// If you’re not, just leave the rest as it is.

$bb->wp_table_prefix = false; // WordPress table prefix. Example: ‘wp_’;

$bb->wp_home = false; // WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash

$bb->wp_siteurl = false; // WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash

/* Stop editing */

define(‘BBPATH’, dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/’ );

require_once( BBPATH . ‘bb-settings.php’ );

?>

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)

• worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

I’ve got report back from my web hosting company, latter advise that they found no bbpress MySQL database saved on my cPanel server.

I really don’t know what to do next… do you?

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

If I Integrated my bbPress with WordPress MySQL database, should I get full Administrator access by using my WordPress Administrator username and password?

In your setup of bbPress, it asked who the ‘key master’ would be for the administrator. Whatever user account you used there will be the admin of the bbpress forum.

The bbpress tables in the database will be in the ‘patrimoi_wrdp1’ database with your host with the prefix for files being bb_

As for the problems you are getting, I am a little unclear what you have fixed and what is still wrong. Could you summarize all the above posts to see if I can help more?

As for the ‘editing of post’, maybe a MODERATOR will see this post or your other post and can edit it for you. Suprised that we can’t edit our own posts here, but can in WordPress forums……

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Thanks Trent,

Yes, I also wish I could clean up my previous posts.

My only main issue to resolve is that I’m no longer capable of Running the Installer in order to get new Admin access, username and password, even after new fresh FTP upload. I don’t have Admin access to bbPress. I’ve configured Config.php to integrate my existing WordPress MySQL database.

I really don’t know how to resolve the above.

All of my previous posted issues have been resolve.

Robert.

Robert….here is what you do. Go into the cpanel and delete all the bb_ prefix tables in your database. That will allow you to properly run the ‘intall’ program again. It won’t let you re-install as long as the tables are there. You most likely will have access through cpanel to phpMyadmin or a similar tool. Login into that as you username and password for the database to view it. Maybe ask your host if you need to.

Hope that helps.

Trent

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

«… Go into the cpanel and delete all the bb_ prefix tables in your database… »

There are no bb_prefix tables within MySQL or phpMyAdmin.

«… It won’t let you re-install as long as the tables are there… cpanel to phpMyadmin or a similar tool… »

I understand perfectly. I personally have access to both, cpanel and phpMyadmin.

«… Maybe ask your host if you need to… »

I’ve access/checked myself and have ask my web host support desk, there are no bb_ prefix tables in these normal location. It’s my issue, I canno’t do Running Installer via http://patrimoineacadien.com/bbpress/bb-admin/install.php and get Moderator username and password.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Robert.

I understand what you are saying. You are getting the page that says (translated to English):

Already Installed

You appear to have already installed bbPress. Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade scripts instead? To reinstall please clear your old database tables first.

Here is a question…..which database is your WordPress installed in with the wp_ prefix in the database? I would assume that just looking at your WordPress wp-config.php file would have the database information. Then I would make sure that your bbPress config.php has the same database information. If you run the install and it says the same error as above, I am 99.9% sure that the bb_ in in that database.

Alright now…assuming I am wrong, why not change the config.php file for bbPress to see if you can install in one of your other databases to see if something else causing your installer problems. Then you can run the install for the user ‘key master’ that you want and then export the tables out of that database and then import them into your current wordpress database.

Just a thought…..at least somewhere to start!

Trent

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Hello again Trent,

I’ve done all the steps you’ve suggested in your previous post, including export/import. My web host help desk has provided me the support. The only problem, I can longer access existing and previous WordPress Administrator access. It’s solely bbPress Admin that has access to WordPress as a regular user. What do you suggest? My web host has made a backups, so did I on a regular basis, then don’t worry about reverting back to previous WordPress settings.

Robert.

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Continued from my previous memo : all of my WordPress identifiers or users names have disappeared (empty) from their posts and comments… as if they never existed. In addition, all of my WordPress posts and comments are now using my new bbPress identifier (moderator/administrator).

Robert,

What steps did you take? Did you install bbpress in another database or did you install it again in the current database that WordPress is at. If you installed in another database and then exported out the bb_ prefix tables and imported them in the database with the wp_ prefix tables, nothing should have happened to WordPress. Either way, nothing should have happened to wordpress because bbpress uses the login information from WordPress, not vice-versa. When I installed bbpress, I chose the ‘key master’ as an account that isn’t the admin in WordPress. That is a pain because I have to login as 1 user to administer bbpress and logout and login as another user to administer WordPress. Of course, I figured all this out after importing my phpBB posts…..

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

«What steps did you take? Did you install bbPress in another database or did you install it again in the current database that WordPress is at. »

I did install bbPress in another database or by itself… separate from WordPress database.

«If you installed in another database and then exported out the bb_ prefix tables and imported them in the database with the wp_ prefix tables, nothing should have happened to WordPress.»

Yes, it’s what my web host support that did the export/import… the exact same steps you instructed me to do or as shown above: export bbPress tables, then import bbPress to WordPress. It seems that I’ve use the same identifier or username (Robert Richard) for the bbPress as it already existed within WordPress (Robert Richard)… both database had the same Admin username or identifier.

«Either way, nothing should have happened to WordPress because bbPress uses the login information from WordPress, not vice-versa.»

I’m not sure of about «either way», but I will ask my web host help desk to re-install backups and start over again with a different identifier or username.

«When I installed bbPress, I chose the ‘key master’ as an account that isn’t the admin in WordPress. That is a pain because I have to login as 1 user to administer bbPress and logout and login as another user to administer WordPress. Of course, I figured all this out after importing my phpBB posts.»

I’m figuring out this stuff hands on and by having you as a support. It seems logical to have a different identifier; I thought about it afterwards. Regretfully, I don’t have the formal training with database and tables to have predicted this dynamic. Luckily, bbPress.org has you.

Thanks a million.

Robert Richard.

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Continued from my previous post: I chose identifier Robert Richard (space) in bbPress (Administrator during Running Installer) and the same identifier existed within WordPress; end results, bbPress replace Robert Richard within WordPress that became RobertRichard (no space).

Previous to the bbPress integration attempts, I use to login WordPress with Blogue (identifier) and password; but all WordPress posts were identified as Robert Richard (space) to visitors. This said, I’m not sure if you would call Robert Richard within WordPress as an identifier.

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Continued from my previous post: oddly enough, once my bbPress tables were imported into WordPress, also all of my WordPress registered identifiers were erased from their postings. In addition, I no longer have Administrator access to my WordPress login… weird. With all facts presented, their is logic and also non logical facts.

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar