Categories
Search
Bottom

Comments not appearing immediately

• dice2dice
    Participant

@dice2dice

Hi,

For the past two weeks or so I’ve had a problem in the forums on my site where members comments no longer appear immediately. It can take a while for them to appear. I’m not sure how long, but several minutes.

This has lead to people posting the same post several times in the belief it’s not appearing, and others getting annoyed with me because it’s not working.

Has anyone else encountered this? Do you have suggestions for what might be causing it?

My website is: http://www.whichinvestmenttrust.com

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You need to be clearer here on describing your issue:

If it is WordPress comments ask on WordPress Support

If it is bbPress replies then you are in the right place.

In either case, check if they are being caught by Akismet or WordPress moderation, have a look in the backend for replies that have a status ‘pending’.

dice2dice
    Participant

@dice2dice

Member of my website can only comment via BBPress. I’ve switched off WordPress comments because that would be confusing.

I haven’t been able to find evidence of anyone else experiencing the same thing on the BBPress forums and I’ve searched BuddyPress too so I’m looking to identify potential culprits. Plugins have got to be up there!

It depends how you are replacing the WordPress comments with bbPress replies, if your using a plugin for this then I would look to the plugin being an issue and go to that plugins support forums to find any known issues.

If you are doing this manually using bbPress then per your original post here:

For the past two weeks or so I’ve had a problem in the forums on my site where members comments no longer appear immediately. It can take a while for them to appear. I’m not sure how long, but several minutes.

This could be a performance issue, I would start by running some tests on a test post, add a reply and time how long it takes to appear in your sites backend as you state that the ‘do appear’, just not immediately, try using the Twenty Fourteen theme and disable all your other plugins except bbPress and time how long it takes now.

You might find your theme and plugins and using all the resources available in your web hosting plan, if this is the case contact your host to see what options or suggestions they may have for you.

dice2dice
    Participant

@dice2dice

Sorry @netweb, I discovered your reply only this evening.

I followed the above instruction but it hasn’t resolved my issue.

Until a couple of months back, as soon as a member posted in a forum on my site they could see their post. Now they can’t unless they go to their profile and click on ‘Activity’.

The posts eventually appear but take so long that it completely stops the fluidity of conversations.

Has anyone else come across this issue and does anyone have any suggestions for how it might be resolved?

I have the latest version of both WordPress and bbPress. My website is http://www.whichinvest.com

Thanks

Indrekkor
    Participant

@indrekhirsnik

So the post appears in “Activity”, but not in other views ? (general forum view etc.)

This is probably not a bbPress problem, but it is caused by a plugin you use for cacheing.

You could always turn-off whatever plugins you are using (not neeed for forum to lose functionality) and then see if everything is OK.

I am with @indrekhirsnik here, try that ^^^^ 🙂

dice2dice
    Participant

@dice2dice

Thanks guys.
    I have W3 Total Cache and Super Cache but both are deactivated. Beofre I turned off all of my plugins Super Cache was activated.

My hosting company 1and1 provides me with Cloudfare. Maybe this could be causing it. 1and1 have a new WordPress service that I’m using with dedicated WordPress support. I have contacted them to see if they can resolve.

I’ll report back incase anyone else encounters this problem too.

MiguelIllescas
    Participant

@miguelillescas

I have the same problem. I installed bbpress on another blog, to see if there were any problems with plugins.
    I installed the same theme, which is Genesis, I installed one by one all the plugins to detect if it was because of this that the error was produced, but in the second forum all publications are instantaneous, while in the first take several minutes to appear.
    I hope you find a solution, but I have noticed that I am not the only one having the same problem.
    My blog is my forum with this: http://compraraccionesdebolsa.com/foro-de-bolsa/
    Sorry if there are any misspelled words, but I am using Google Translate.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar