Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

CHAT FOR MY FORUM

• giulianag
    Participant

@giulianag

Hello, I want to know if bbpress has a chat option integrated or what plugin you recommend to install inside my forum site. But not like a chatbox in the corner of the website footer… I need it like an option inside my bbpress forum, a private and integrated chat. I want to enable the option of interacting beetween the users of the forum. It is possible to do? Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I think this is what you are after https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-private-replies/

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

There are so many cool options right now! Besides private messages, like the plugin listed above, there is a chat at the bottom bar that users can chat with but it’s also one on one privately, it is iFly.

Also, the plugin Quick Chat can be integrated into bbPress in two different ways:

1. This chat plugin can be put into different WordPress pages with shortcodes, so you can put it on any pages at the top or bottom of your forums that are on WordPress pages using shortcode, or in any sidebar widget.

2. You can also use a different chat on each WordPress page using shortcode, so coupled with the plugins BuddyPress and BuddyPress Groups Extras (which adds extra pages to BuddyPress Groups) you can give each of your bbPress forum groups their own private chat!

giulianag
    Participant

@giulianag

thanks!

celziobiaz
    Participant

@celziobiaz

There are many type of chat rooms boxes. Some prefer it as you mentioned, a floating chat or embed in the chat. Once I added a chat GoDaddy forced me to remove it as they do not like chat rooms in a shared server. So I was forced to use a hosted service chat room.

What was important to me is that I could chat in a group as well as private using a video chat. Now there are not a lot of options with respect to video chat, but I used a chat room (a floating one on the right side on the lower part of the chat) that uses WebRTC technology that is basically means it will work good on PC (chrome & dd) but not in mobiles (tried it in my iPhone).

https://wordpress.org/plugins/rumbletalk-chat-a-chat-with-themes/

bbpress group chat for my site

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

@celziobiaz I very nearly marked this post of yours as spam, jumping into an old topic near on 2 years of age to promote your plugin is not cool.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar