Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing the header

• LwEEs

@menel001

I’m trying to add things to the header but is not working out for me, I have modified headers in the past on wordpress, but bbpress header is different. Everytime I try I get an error. I just want to add a shortcut back to my homepage but html is not working for a simple shortcut on bbpress header. Can anyone help me on this?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Make sure you aren’t inserting the html inside a block of PHP. Can you post the code here for better analysis?

LwEEs

@menel001

Back to LuMen Home Page

Same one I use in the footer, the problem is that my theme header is not a normal header found across wordpress installations. Any clue?

LwEEs

@menel001

sorry my html is so good that kicked back as a shortcut

“< a href=”http://www.lumencreativegroup.com&#8221; >back to Lumen Home Page” without the ” “.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I meant the post the whole header file. Place the code between backticks to show it properly here.

LwEEs

@menel001

Sam my friend,

Is this on the theme header or somewhere else, because my bbpress theme header is actually one line of code, everytime I try to change it messes up the installation. When I get home I’ll post the few letters my header has. Thanks.

have you got a mac, by any chance?

when i opened my header.php in textedit, it contained a single ‘>’, and every time i put anything else in the file, it would display as plain text.

if i deleted it all, typed ‘>’ as before, and saved, the header was all gone. very odd.

if i downloaded the bbpress zip file again, and replaced the header.php with the original, bbpress was fine.

i opened header.php through cpanel on the server and the full contents were displayed.

there’s definitely something weird going on with that file.

circuit – Try TextWrangler ( http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/ ) instead of textEdit on a Mac. It’s MUCH better and handles my php files perfectly.

Also it’s free :)

thanks for the tip!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar