Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing size of font in Header in "Kakumei".

• How do I change the font size on the left of the Header area which says login, register, lost password etc.? Click on this link http://www.invictatrader.com/bbpress to see the header. I could not find it in the CSS unless I missed something or it was set to default in the core files. I am using the default stock theme “Kakumei”.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Find this block in your style.css:

.login {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 31px;
    left: 0;
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #444;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 1;
    font-size: 12px;
    }

Change the font-size to something larger. You might have to move other things around to make room for the larger letters, but that will change the text you mentioned.

Thanks. Also do you see the links I have put in the Header on the top left? Can I make them slightly larger too by modifying font size in the header.php itself or I need to do that in the style.css? If so, how?

Thank you very much.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Seems like you already resolved that top link font size thing?

You can do it all in the style.css.

I resolved the sign in and register font size. How do I adjust the size of the fonts of the links to my site I put in there on the top left? Can it be done in the header.php itself?

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can always adjust CSS properties inline (in header.php) or by assigning the class or is in header.php, then making the adjustments in style.css. The end result will be the same; it doesn’t matter where you make the change.

I think it’s normally better to keep the style rules in an external stylesheet, so you have just one file to modify to affect the whole site.

Thanks. How do I assign a style in the header.php file itself rather than in the CSS? When I assigned a div to adjust the link font size it did not work.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar