Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing "Forum" on Main Page

• Darth
    Participant

@darthtraders

How do I change the word “Forum” (Next to “Topics” and “Posts”) on the main forum page?

I identified the code using Firebug, but I am not a coder so I have no idea where to find the code to change it:

<li class=”bbp-forum-info”>Forum

Thank you!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

There are probably much cleverer ways to do this but find the following file

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-forums.php

On line 19 you’ll find the following

<li class="bbp-forum-info"><?php _e( 'Forum', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>

change the ‘Forum’ to whatever you want it to read.

If you just change it in this location, it will be overwritten each time bbpress updates.

What you really need to do is to put it into your theme – see

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – part 3

item 3 for how to do this, and part 2 of the guide (go to the codex home for this) discusses how to set up a child theme

Darth
    Participant

@darthtraders

Thank you so much! I looked through code for over an hour last night trying to find it. :/

For now, I’ll just change it in the code. Simpler to re-do it with updates than to try and figure out how to code a child theme, lol.

Darth
    Participant

@darthtraders

I made the change, but it did not reflect on my page. I cleared browser cache and all caches on my WordPress install.

What am I missing?

Robin W

@robin-w

Certainly works in the template both in childtheme and if you do it in the original location – just tested the latter.

It could be that either I’ve not explained well enough or or we’re talking about a different “Forum” position.

The change you make should be from :

<li class="bbp-forum-info"><?php _e( 'Forum', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>

to

<li class="bbp-forum-info"><?php _e( 'Elephant', 'bbpress' ); ?></li>

if you want it to say Elephant.

If that is not the issue, can you confirm that it is the “forum” in the top left of this example that you’re talking about

https://buddypress.org/wp-content/uploads/53/2013/11/forum-5.jpg

Darth
    Participant

@darthtraders

Sorry for the delayed response Robin.

Yes, I am talking about the “Forum” in the left of your pic.

I made the following change, as suggested:

<li class=”bbp-forum-info”><?php _e( ‘The Darth Side Forums’, ‘bbpress’ ); ?>

But, it didn’t take effect. The change is shown as listed above in the actual code, but When I go to “inspect element” on the page it still shows:

<li class=”bbp-forum-info”>Forum

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm…

Should work !

Are you changing it in wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-forums.php?

or in your child theme?, and if the latter can you detail the path from wp-content/ onwards

Darth
    Participant

@darthtraders

Ah ha! I didn’t realize that BBpress was also installed inside my Avada Theme folder. I was changing it directly in the BBpress inside the “plugins” folder.

I just changed the loop-forums.php inside the theme folder and it worked. Thank you so much for the help, and sorry I didn’t realize the dual installation sooner.

Robin W

@robin-w

Hey, great that you’re working !

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar