Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing display name

• I want to change my display name from the default “admin” to something else. In the Profile/Edit panel under ‘Display Name As’ there is a little dropdown menu that shows “admin” as the one and only display name and there’s no way of changing it. I can’t figure out how to do this. It’s the only place I can find a way of editing this info.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • As usual I seem to figure these things out on my own through dumb luck. :)

For anyone as confused as me about this, what you need to do after logging in under Admin is to edit your profile and enter your desired display name as your first name. My problem was that I had left this blank when installing bbPress. If you save that and go back to the Edit panel you will now find that this name is included in the dropdown menu of available ‘display’ names.

Honestly, I really love bbPress so far but it sure does make things unnecessarily complicated.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Hi Jtrory,

Sadly, that specific example is exactly the same way of doing it as WordPress, so it isn’t going to change anytime soon. Not that you’re wrong though mate, and glad you got it worked out :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar