Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changed URL, and now I can't access my admin page.

• iphather

@iphather

Okay, so I installed bbPress fine, but then I was trying to get my WordPress page to link to my forums. So then long story short, I changed the url settings in bbPress, and now, every time I try to log in, it goes to a page on my wordpress, saying page not found. I can go to my forums, just not the admin page. So I deleted everything and tried to reinstall, and when I hit step 2, it says the “Already installed, Upgrade Script thing,” so i click the link, and it send me back to my page on my wordpress. Is there a file that contains what that url thing should be? Because I haven’t been able to find it. Thanks for any help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You change the setting in bbPress: did you also change the name of the folder where it’s installed? They need to be the same (the folder name part anyway.)

Wait, you deleted everything? So where is it now? What URL or folder?

Also, to reinstall completely, you need to drop the database tables and then reinstall. The database is what lets the installer know if you’re already installed or not. So, drop the bbPress tables and try the installation again (assuming there’s no important data in the database yet.)

iphather

@iphather

I re-installed with another database thing, changed the bb_ and it worked. Thanks for the reply.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar