Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't post new topics or replies

• binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

I recently setup the bbpress plugin on my site – finally transitioning from the standalone code.

I have a dev site where I prepared everything and it all works perfectly.

When I transitioned everything to my live site it all looks ok – but neither myself, or my users, can post replies or new topics.

My site is here: http://prothemedesign.com/forums/

Since it all works on the dev server (which is a sub domain running from the same server) then everything should match up and work just fine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• acquariusoft
    Participant

@acquariusoft

i have the same problem.
    I can write post from admin console, but from the forum i can’t insert any post.

how can i see a log or send you more info?

Tnx

binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

To follow on from this I have noticed that if I click one of the admin links (close topic for example) that the link just reloads the topic with the query parameters in the url and neither redirects to the proper location or perform the action.

I have tried resetting my permalinks and then setting them back but that makes no difference.

binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

Hooray – I solved the problem. My forums are in the /forums/ (virtual) directory – however that directory still existed on my server because that’s where the forum was when I ran the standalone version of bbpress – and so that must have been conflicting. Move the directory and all is good again.

You can close this now 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar