Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't Access Replies in Dashboard: 500 Server Error

• Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

I can’t get into the replies in the dashboard, I am getting a generic 500 server error. I can access topics fine. This afternoon it was ok, I was in there editing a reply.

I can get into a reply as though to edit it if I use the back door by going through the forum and selecting “edit reply” at the top of the forum page! But if I try to go directly to All Replies from there, I get the same 500 server error.

I have done a chat with Bluehost who could only tell me to activate another theme (I used 2014) but I had no luck. Then he asked me to rename the htaccess file and then save it again. I didn’t try that as it seems a bit tricky.

I also tried the forum tool to Recalculate last activity in each topic and forum. No change there.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you, Matoca

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

@matoca

I think you’ve had your forum for a while now? Presume you’ve not loaded a new plugin?

Otherwise, can’t really suggest anything else.

Hopefully someone better than me will pop in and suggest something ! 🙂

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Odd that this would change seemingly randomly, or overnight. 500 errors could be lots of things, and Robin is correct to try deactivating any recently added plugins to start.

Did you bump up the Replies per page in Screen options maybe? Is it possible you’re trying to load more replies than your available server memory can handle?

Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

I finally decided to try a few more forum fix tools and after using “Recalculate the parent topic for each post” I was able to view All Replies. Very odd that I could get in via the forum (edit) to the replies but not directly access them via the dashboard.

I am so glad those tools are available!
    my best
    matoca

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar