Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot get past Step 1 of install

• lowgiweightloss

@lowgiweightloss

Installin BBpress and I get this error after entering my database details in the bbpress install screen:

Warning: fopen(D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforum/bb-config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1044

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1051

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1051

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1058

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforumbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php:1051) in D:Hosting2990196htmlhappybod_webforumbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 1101

Welcome to the bbPress installer

Step 1 – Database configuration

Your settings have been saved to the file bb-config.php

You can now continue to the next step.

It says I can proceed to Step 2 but when I click the Step 2 button it brings me back to Step 1.

Can you tell me what permission I am supposed to have on my site. I read in places I need 777 and them some say 666, so I am not sure. I have set all to 777 and still does not work.

In the error it also states that is cannot access class.bb-install.php on line 1051. I go inot my files on FTP and I cannot even find class.bb-install.php in the includes folder.

Here is what i did from start to finish:

1. downloaded 1.0.2 bbpress install

2. unzipped and copied to my happybod.com/forum directory

3. Create a new database

4. Went to the install of bbpress http://www.happybod.com/happybod_web/forum/bb-admin/install.php

5. entered in the details of my database including hostname

6. then I get the error.

I even tried manaully uploading the bbpress-config.pho file and then running install. It says “ooppps looks like you have already insatlled bbpress” but when I go to http://www.happybod.com/forum it gives error: 500 – Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Any ideas? Thanks so much

Kathryn

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Empty out your database via phpMyAdmin, and try again.

lowgiweightloss

@lowgiweightloss

Thanks, but I created a completely new database in godaddy via phpmyadmin.

it does not have any data in it yet. Are you suggesting I delete the database rows anyway?

Cheers

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

1. The warnings are from using PHP 5.3 on Windows (normally.) If you can use PHP 5.2 that would be better. If not, you can download the latest trunk version instead of 1.0.2 as the warnings will not occur with that version.

2. If bb_ tables are present in the database you are using when you go to reinstall, the installer will complain that bbPress is already installed. So, drop the bb_ tables or use a different database.

3. Where is your forum actually installed?

http://www.happybod.com/happybod_web/forum/

or

http://www.happybod.com/forum/

I am guessing it’s the 2nd location since the first looks like it contains the file system path from your host. Your WordPress files are probably installed in the happybod_web folder and accessible at http://www.happybod.com/ (right?) If so, and you placed a “forum” directory inside happybod_web, at the same level as wp-config.php, then your forum will be located at http://www.happybod.com/forum/

lowgiweightloss

@lowgiweightloss

Thanks, I eventually got part of this fixed by changing the permission inside Godaddy, that’s what was causing the errors on install.

Yes the files are installed on my server location happybod_web/forum/ directory. My blog is also installed in the happybod_web directory but I just need to go to happybod.com to access the blog and happybod.com/forum to access the forum.

However, now I am having a different but kinda similar problem:

When I type in http://www.happybod.com/forum/ I cannot see my blog.

But if I type in http://www.happybod.com/forum/bb-admin, it will go to the admin page and if I click on the link from there to the happybod forum, it will gladly go to http://www.happybod.com/forum.

SO it’s there! But I cannot type in the URL directly!!

Does anyone know about this?

(I’m also have a problem with my happybod.com/wp-admin blog login page that keeps redirecting back to the login page…woerd, but that’s for another forum)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

When I type in http://www.happybod.com/forum/ I cannot see my blog.

You should not see your blog there. You should see your forum, which is what I see. If you type it in without the trailing slash, you might get a different result. With the slash, it works properly. Without, there is a weird redirection happening.

What were you expecting?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar