Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

cannot edit forums

• steviemac

@steviemac

after a new install, I cannot seem to edit the forums in admin. When I hover cursor over the forum title, the little view/edit/delete menu appears below, but I cannot click on them. The ‘little hand’ does not appear or allow me to. Any ideas what the problem mght be?

ps – just discovered also that I cannot even add a topic or post – there appears to be no ‘add topic’ or ‘add post’ button available!

whats going on? Anyone advise?

Thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Post a link to your bbPress site please.

steviemac

@steviemac

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks to me like you made all the forums categories? Or at least some of them, incorrectly as categories. You need to have some regular forums to post in. A “Forum as Category” is really just a container, a way to add hierarchy to your forums. Check that setting, Forum is Category and change it and reorganize if you need to.

You might want to rename My Forum to “Clothing Wire Forums” and then make “Clothing” and “Fashion Industry” children of that parent forum, and then uncheck the box making them Categories. I think you want them as regular forums so they can hold posts.

steviemac

@steviemac

thanks for your help

steviemac

@steviemac

sorry Chris…the problem also is that I cannot still edit or rename any forum. It won’t let me click on the sub menus (view/edit/delete), so I have no way of renaming or editing or anything.

I will pm you my password, if you get a chance maybe you could have a quick look in the admin side

Thanks

oh perhaps you cant pm with this forum? hmm

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No PM here. You can send it to chrishajer [at] gmail dot com and I will take a look for you.

I have the same problem, which I think is the result of some javascript somewhere in the bowels of bbpress changing the visibility of the view | edit | delete links on mouseover.

I haven’t a clue where in the bbpress code to look to fix this, but I do have a potential solution for you, steviemac: try a different browser. This problem exists for me only in IE. No problem with Firefox.

It would be great if someone could track down the code and fix it so that it works correctly in all browsers. I have no love for IE, but it would be nice if the admin page didn’t break with that browser.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

IE7

I am also encountering this clear bug in the software. Any solutions? Seems this bug has existed for over a year.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar