Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot activate plugin – Help a Noob out!

• I tried to install from plugin in wp admin and got api error. So i dwnlded full version and ftp’d it to my server. Then when I try to activate it I get the following error: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 26214400) (tried to allocate 291800 bytes) in /home/lynchpin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php on line 449

I upped my php.ini to 64m , tried adding code to wp-config and htaccess. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions? I’d even be willing to let someone log into it and take a look. Help Please!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I tried to disable some plugins to see if i could get it to work, and now i cannto even get into wp-admin: Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 26214400) (tried to allocate 348344 bytes) in /home/lynchpin/public_html/wp-admin/includes/admin.php on line 16

I think Im going to weep deeply…

Reinstalled everything, back to where I can activate bbpress, and still get memory error.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

the error is basically saying that your website does not have enough ram allocated to it in order to run anything else.

You can either deactivate other plugins on your site and then try to activate bbp or you can call your webhost and ask them to allocate more memory. (probably have to pay more for more ram)

This really has nothing to do with bbpress, but more a general error that shows up when system resources run out.

Had the ram allocation bumped to 128 by the host… all plugins disabled, still cannot activate bbpress. I had mentioned that in the above posts. I also tried reinstalling the whole thing fresh to no avail. There is clearly another issue at hand.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

no idea then, server admin stuff is beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Someone else will have to jump in to help. sorry…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar