Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot access bb-admin

• Anonymous User 6443559
    Inactive

@anonymized-6443559

I just installed WordPress 3.0.1 in the root for an addon domain for my hosting. I installed bb-press 1.0 in a sub directory called forum. I intergrated with wordpress durring the install, that seems to have worked, bbpress shows me as logged in, but when I click on the admin link it just reloads the bbpress mainpage. When I try to go directly to the bb-admin by typing the path in it does the same.

Any ideas what would be causing this and how to fix?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous User 6443559
    Inactive

@anonymized-6443559

-1 point for me.

Two threads down there is soemthing about this, while the specifics of their situation diffred they were told to logout then log back in. I tired this and it worked.

Anonymous User 6443559
    Inactive

@anonymized-6443559

Ok so here’s what I’ve noticed in the past hour or two.

If I logged in via bbpress the admin link works, if I logged in via wordpress it does not.

Now I can just logout and login via bbpress to access the admin which is an ok workaround but I want to know why its not working when I login via wordpress.

Anonymous User 6443559
    Inactive

@anonymized-6443559

I also cannot use moderation functions like sticky a topic, or close a topic if I logged in via WordPress even though I see the links to do those actions. Everything though works fine if I logout and login using bbPress’ login.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It’s a known issue. I’m not sure why it is or if anyone has resolved it.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cant-access-the-dashboard

try bbpress integration plugin on WordPress side. It will tell you to add some lines in your wp-config.php, do so and see if that resolves it.

Anonymous User 6443559
    Inactive

@anonymized-6443559

I fixed it. I proceeded to do more digging following the link from chrishajer then following more links, followed by a google search. THis is what I eneded up doing.

I tired so many things idk if it was just one of the things or the combination of both of these that fixed it.

But first I went to https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ and got new keys for wordpress, I replaced all the old code in wp-config with the ones this script generated. Next I went to bb-config and copied these keys there, overwriting what was previously specified. I then added “BB_” to the begining of the name of what I was defining.

Next I added

define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

to both wp-config and bb-config.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar