Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can someone explain this bbPress database error

• guru06

@guru06

bbPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ve taken to not answering my phone lately, and I like it. And Eh@ the laptop– i’ at line 4]

INSERT INTO bb_posts (forum_id, topic_id, poster_id, post_text, post_time, poster_ip, post_status, post_position) VALUES (‘2’, ‘220’, ‘1’, ‘

Internet. I’ve taken to not answering my phone lately, and I like it. And Eh@ the laptop– it’s nice to have, but I don’t need it.

The internet tho, is a lifeline

How would you get on the internet without your laptop?

‘,’2008-03-06 18:11:55’, ‘69.219.156.202’, ‘0’, 5)

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/*****/public_html/*****/bb-includes/db.php:86) in /home/*****/public_html/*****/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 164

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What version bbPress are you using? Looks like mismatched quotes are causing a problem inserting this post into your database. I inserted that text into a post on my installation and it is inserted fine. Of course, I might be missing some of what you tried to insert before it erred out.

This is what I posted:

Internet. I've taken to not answering my phone lately, and I like it. And Eh@ the laptop-- it's nice to have, but I don't need it. The internet tho, is a lifeline How would you get on the internet without your laptop?

Was there something before “Internet”? Can you post a link to a plain text file that contains the whole text of the post? Maybe some characters in there are causing this problem.

mettled

@mettled

I just got the same error message on my forum as well. Obviously I was entering different copy, but everything else was the same. I’ve posted on my forum before without any problem. I haven’t changed anything that I can recall, so this was totally unexpected. I’m not a coder so any help would be great. My bbPress is version 0.8.3.1.

mettled

@mettled

Ok, here’s what seems to have fixed the problem for me and maybe for you too, Guru06. Using the normal quotation mark – ‘ – caused the error. When I used the apostrophe version – ’ – there was no error. On a Mac that symbol is shift+option+]. I have no idea why it needs to be that way.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Wonder why it doesn’t error out here with either quote? Can someone please provide the full text of a post entry that causes this problem, BEFORE it’s inserted, so it can be tested on other platforms?

mettled

@mettled

When I type this in the body:

I’m postin’ a test.

I get this:

bbPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘m postin’ a test.

‘,’2008-03-11 07:01:23’, ‘24.22.18.14’, ‘0’, 1)’ at line 4]

INSERT INTO bb_posts (forum_id, topic_id, poster_id, post_text, post_time, poster_ip, post_status, post_position) VALUES (’18’, ‘7’, ‘2’, ‘

I’m postin’ a test.

‘,’2008-03-11 07:01:23’, ‘24.22.18.14’, ‘0’, 1)

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/13057/domains/tudorarmspdx.com/html/hoa_forum/bb-includes/db.php:86) in /home/13057/domains/tudorarmspdx.com/html/hoa_forum/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 164

When I post this in the body:

I’m postin’ a test.

Everything goes through without an error.

guru06

@guru06

Thank you mettled! I am on a mac and that will explain why none of the other users have said anything about the problem because they are all pc users. let me try the ‘ here and see what happens

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

For some reason in your bbPress installation the quotes aren’t being escaped before bbPress tries to enter the post into the database. Differences in character encoding on different platforms may mean it is possible from one platform (pc) and not another (mac).

This points to a PHP configuration problem more than anything. Perhpas magic quotes RPC is turned on?

Worth digging deeper though.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar