Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can Sombody Please Help Me :'(

• I cant get my jwplayer shortcode to work in bbpress. I am aware of the shortcode issue in bbpress. But I need all shortcodes to work in bbpress. Security is not an issue at this point.

I tried the (get_shortcode)code in the theme fuctions.php file with no result. Not really sure if I was supossed to put it in the wordpress theme or the bbpress theme. Maybe im writing the code in the wrong spot, I’m not the strongest on php my strengths are html, css, and design. This issue has been a thorn in my side for about a week. So if anyone can tell me exactly where to place the–

add_action( ‘bbp_get_reply_content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

php script so I can get this thing flowing, I would def owe you a buck.

also i get an error when i try and install shortcode whitelist and bbcode

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Wow no help at all…. where is Jared when you need him? Tis a sad day at bbpress.org , Well can anyone please just be like.

nah that’s impossible or hey idiot you should know how to do that… anything… please

You should be able to put that snippet (running do_shortcode on the bbP content) in your theme’s function.php file – that’s the safest place :)

Thanks Jared :D you have no clue how good it is to have you on my side on this one hahaha

I saw You and John write that exact answer on another post and my lack of knowledge in actual hand PHP scripting cause me to kill my site wich is about 70% bbpress i killed my functions.php so i had to download a new version of bbpress and replaced the files i touched with new ones.

I am positive (*crosses fingers*) that this do_shortcode script will work for me.

Main Issue: I have NO clue where in the functions.php to put it, can you give my sad non PHP reading butt an example of where it should go or would you like me to post my functions page here.

One more question:Do you mean my wordpress theme folder or my bbpress theme folder.

As always Jared you my friend are the freaking man and thank you :)

here is my issue with jwplayer in a nut shell—

working video player

(tested on my 404, because no one should be there anyway):

http://www.soundhampton.com/404_page_not_found

non working video player

(inside forums shortcodes not being read):

http://www.soundhampton.com/the_knowledge_forum/topic/why-its-important-to-research-your-business-and-domain-name

Pull up the functions.php in you *WordPress* theme (not bbPress theme) – place that snippet at the very bottom. Right before ?> if your file has it.

:)

Thanks again man. my functions page does not have the ?> code at the end just the endif; statement so i placed the code in the end of that and still nothing. here is the code I placed with the end of my functions.php page:

// Prints the string, replacing the placeholders.

printf(

$posted_in,

get_the_category_list( ‘, ‘ ),

$tag_list,

get_permalink(),

the_title_attribute( ‘echo=0’ )

);

}

endif;

add_action( ‘bbp_get_reply_content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

Is there another page where that php script continues on it seems to not end in functions.php but like I said i’m not the greatest at PHP. I so don’t want to pay to have this thing finished :( at least if I know that the “allow shortcode” script is in the right place i can see if its a file permissions issue but I dont think it is. What do you think?

btw….. thanks for everything bro :)

Anyone else know exactly where to put this code? I’m using slidingdoor theme. We are willing to pay someone to fix this for my company. I need it done asap!!! I can paypal you the fee. Please contact me at jason@soundhampton.com This is an urgent issue……

If you are putting it in your theme’s function.php file and it is not working then either the code is wrong or a theme/plugin is doing something wrong.

k, I switched to twentyeleven theme and disabled all my plugins except bbpress and jwplayer for wordpress. I verified the div of the bbpress content box with firefox inspect element and put extra code in my functions.php to compensate for missed div tag code in the functions.php. here is what i put on top on functions.php as an injected php script within functions.php

<?php

add_action( ‘bbp_reply_content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

add_action( ‘entry_content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

add_action( ‘bbp-reply-content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

add_action( ‘entry-content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

?>

<?php

/**

* slidingdoor functions and definitions

blah blah blah php blah blah blah

then also a double attack at the end of fuctions.php is here

}

endif;

add_action( ‘bbp_reply_content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

add_action( ‘entry_content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

add_action( ‘bbp-reply-content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

add_action( ‘entry-content’, ‘do_shortcode’);

—funtions.php ends here–

-I see other plugins intereacting fine with short codes ie [video] in my bbpress forum but not [jwplayer] can i attach this in css ?

-Is there a very messy way to go about this and edit every file in my bbpress plugin folder?

-Am i better off installing bbpress as stand alone instead of plugin?

-I’m I going about creating a media based user interactive site the wrong way when choosing wordpress w/ bbpress?

I’ve literally spent 90% of my time just trying to get what I want to work and edit it so its all tight. This issue is a brick wall and everything is stopped until this issue is resolved. So really am i just going nuts trying to reinvent the wheel?

Thanks guys…..

The fix it for payment offer always stands until its fixed. That goes for everyone not you Jared :) But feel free lol

forgot to add this, even with all those changes it doesn’t work…. :)

but still a little :/ lol

Try add_filter instead of add_action.

nope nothing man. I have longtail looking at this issue too, but something tells me they are going to blame bbpress which is crap but we know the way plugin developers are.(no offense to you at all Jared)

longtail was like have you tried disabling bbpress yet ?

*palm to face and shakes head*

I don’t think they get it….

such a weird issue, is there a way to just load the plugin in bbpress and make the plugin think it is wordpress?

I installed this( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmkWPdsIqQ )plugin but have no clue how to use it. I thought it might help but then realized that I don’t know what taxonomies would be called into the topic tag to make stuff work.

*smoke exits ears*

What version of bbPress/WordPress are you using?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Shortcodes are explicitly prevented from working inside of bbPress.

The reason is because Shortcodes do not care who uses them in what context. If you enable them, all shortcodes will work for all users. This allows all of the bbPress shortcodes to work, inside of bbPress, which enables normal users to embed forums inside of topics and replies. No good.

You’re on your own if you want to go down this road, but I wouldn’t suggest it. Shortcodes are transparent, and a poor experience for most users (since they are completely invisible in the UI.)

Instead, I’d recommend building something for bbPress 2.1 (still in development) and write a plugin to tap into the power of TinyMCE.

wordpress 3.3.1

with sliding door theme

bbpress 2.0.2 as plugin

default theme

Thank you Key Master :) Wish I was the damn gate keeper cause then i would understand what’s going on here. lmao!!!!

Here is my issue at hand and then I guess I will have to decide whether or not to move forward. I am trying to make a media sharing site that is merely a “forum” of my site ( http://www.soundhampton.com/the_knowledge_forum ) to lead traffic back to my business site ( http://www.soundhampton.com ).

I was going to use bbpress for the forum side but the more I try and implement it the deeper I get into issues that take me months to figure out. Every issue I have been able to handle except this one.

John I totally under stand why shortcodes are not allowed. It makes complete sense. I read up on the security issue post you wrote about from day one of this media player issue and did not take your advice :P now…. here I am.

To be honest I kind of always knew that even if I did get the shortcodes to work. I would have to make changes in the future to secure my forums from shortcodes.

so, moving forward :)

Can you guys suggest a proper media sharing community plugin / addition to wordpress I can even point the URL to a different folder. Now Im just rambling.

I have no clue how to build a plugin :P

Isn’t there a way to open only one shortcode to be allowed or apply the jwplayer div attributes to my reply-content attributes. It is a shortcode issue. But merely because the shortcode calls the div

what if i called the div for every reply-content table then if a video was playing it would use the player that was called.

I’m also looking for another solution to use as a user interface and back end for a media sharing site. To completely replace this issue :( any suggestions? Im’m not leaving bbpress i like it a lot just it’s not working out for soundhampton.com I guess…. Can some one advise me on a solution please?

Hey guys,

Ok here is what the Developer of the plugin hat told me. Does this help? I tried this fix and it doesn’t work but it is a step in the right direction. And would also help me get around. The shortcode permissions issue I believe.

Hi,

I’m the developer of the wordpress plugin.

One thing to note is that the JW Player tag is not actually a shortcode but a filter that is applied to post content. Using a filter was necessary to support the syntax needed to customize the player. However, it has the unfortunate side effect of making stuff like this more challenging. The filter function is called “jwplayer_tag_callback” and is applied to “the_content”.

So in your case I’m hoping the following would work for you:

<?php

add_filter(‘bbp_reply_content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);

add_filter(‘entry_content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);

add_filter(‘bbp-reply-content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);

add_filter(‘entry-content’, ‘jwplayer_tag_callback’);

?>

If not, we can work on another solution.

Thanks.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar