Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can bbPress do this? (a list of features)

• POS2012
    Participant

@pos2012

Hi, I am going to convert from Kunena to a WP based forum. Simple:press and bbPress are the 2 finalists.

The thing I absolutely love about bbPress is the loading time. Sooo much qucker than SP on my test server. That is a VPS. Actually Kunena is quicker loading than SP. That is when I have 1000 posts in Kunena, and only 10 in SP.

But bbPress has almost half the loading time than SP.

But there is something Iack in bbPress:

In the “Forums” layout:

– It currently says: Total topics, total posts and last refreshed for each forum

– Can I also show “Last post title” by “Author” ?

– Is it possible to show an excerpt of the last reply?

In the “Topics” layout:

– It currently says: Total topics, total posts and last refreshed for each forum

– Can I also show “Last post title” by “Author” ?

– Is it possible to show an excerpt of the last reply?

In the “Topic view” (thread):

– Can I somehow get the number of posts per user? (same place where the IP adress shows when I am logged in as admin)

You see : I like to know how many posts a user has made. That tells me of how active they are or not.

I would also like to see:

– Member Since: (date)

– Online status

PS: I have been testing bbPress 2.0.2, and have now installed 2.1 and find that even better :-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Jaja..

@jaja-1

Probably everything what you asked for can be done, but you need PHP skills and change the template files.

I don’t know about the online status, you probably need JavaScript for that.

I have none PHP skills so i have been looking around and testing Vanilla yesterday. From what i’ve been seeing at the start it looks very good. Not yet changed some template files so i can’t tell how easy that will be but i really like the features they have by default.

And if your community will get going you can always upgrade to the paid version and get the Badges Feature! Thats the coolest thing i’ve ever seen inside a communty.

http://vanillaforums.com/blog/news/introducing-vanilla-reactions-and-badges/

It will help your community grow faster for sure.

Everybody likes the get Awards. ;)

Yes, you can.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar