Search
Bottom

By activating plugin, other sites give a 404 page

• Elbrich
    Participant

@elbrich

After I have installed bbpress,

(which didn’t work directly
    I needed to add the form, topic and forum manually [bbp-topic-index] [bbp-topic-form][bbp-forum-index] and have not found a manual soluation for the login ([bbp-topic-login] didn’t work..))

But anyway even having found solutions for that, the error:
    404 Not Found
    Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

occurs at other pages in my website. I use the FoodRecipes theme from themeforest. Maybe it has to do something with the theme lay-out? It only happens when I’m visiting the recipe link.

my website is http://www.hightearecepten.nl

I leave the forum for a day, I hope anyone can help me, otherwise I change it back to without a forum. Thanx

Thanx for the help!
    Elly

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

“I needed to add the form, topic and forum manually [bbp-topic-index] [bbp-topic-form][bbp-forum-index] and have not found a manual solution for the login ([bbp-topic-login] didn’t work..))”

See the documentation for set up details including login in sidebar

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

and

Layout and functionality – Examples you can use

for setting up menu and modal logins

As for your 404 error, I presume that the urls are correct, for instance

http://www.hightearecepten.nl/recipe/vijgencompote/

works with bbpress deactivated, but not when it is activated?

I’d check first whether there is a plugin conflict, and then a theme conflict viz ;

Check other plugins

Check that no other plugins are affecting this.

Turn off all other plugins, and see if that fixes the problem. If the problem is resolved, add back one at a time to see which is causing the conflict.

Check themes

If plugins are not the cause, then it may be a theme issue. Switch to a default theme, such as twentytwelve, and test.

If it is Themeforest, I’d raise it with them, as it is a paid theme, and with over 1 million bbpress downloads they should have seen it, or know what to do. I have seen some comments that some themeforest themes do not support bbPress, but don’t know about this one.

Elbrich
    Participant

@elbrich

Got the login and lost password kind of working, but still the 404 error, tried the deactivating and the theme change, but nothing seems to work (in the other themes the recipes are not showing at all, it’s a special feature of the theme I guess). I might have to ask the theme developer than.

Thanx anyway
    ps. Yes everything works fine again when I deactivate the plugin..

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I was not suggesting you switched theme permanently, rather confirm that on a default theme it works, so you know it is a theme issue, so raise with themeforest

Elbrich
    Participant

@elbrich

I know 😉 But I meant that the whole recipe section disappears, so that probably means that it’s a special feature of the theme 😉 I’m going to ask the theme builders! Not done yet.. 😉

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar