Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bug? “No Replies” on a thread is inaccurate in Profile

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

When viewing a user profile http://www.example.org/forum/profile.php?id=10 there is “Recent Replies” and a “Thread Started” section. There is one thread started (which is accurate) says started 3 weeks ago (accurate) but it says “No replies” which is inaccurate. There are 6 replies to the thread, and the thread starter was not the last one to reply (this user only started the thread.) If you hover over the title of the thread, it says http://www.example.org/forum/topic.php?id=12&replies=6 which indicates to me that there are 6 threads too, which is accurate. You can see an edited screenshot here. I am hovering the mouse over the “What’s Next” thread title, and you can see that status bar says &replies=6

http://www.chrishajer.com/bike/XLF/noreplies.png

Bottom line: the info under “thread started” is inaccurate, but the link is accurate.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • It has the same action even on this forum as well as wordpress.org forums. Not sure if it is meant to be that way or not….

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Does it make sense that it would have the wrong information? I am trying to understand that.

Never noticed at the wordpress forums. Weird.

I just checked here and in my profile, every thread I started says “No replies” after it, and that’s not accurate. Seems like it’s wrong? Why show “No replies” when there are replies? Why not just not show anything at all? Better no info than inaccurate info.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Trent, I am looking into bb-templates/profile.php around line 52. It seems like this test always fails and thus prints ‘No replies.’ Seems like the wrong two values are being compared or something. Also, it seems like strtotime(get_topic_start_time()) returns a really weird date, in the future too, and it’s changing too, every time I run the query. That should not happen for the topic start time (it is what it is, right?) Here are some of the time stamps I’ve received in the past couple minutes.

1169441052 Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:44:12 -0600

1169441231 Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:47:11 -0600

1169441457 Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:50:57 -0600

The topic_start_time from MySQL:

2006-12-07 21:43:24

The topic_time from MySQL:

2006-12-17 15:58:30

The topic_time is accurate in the profile page (1166389110) but it fails because get_topic_start_time() is returning some date in the future…

Weird.

(Also, the date on my server is accurate, and my post freshness is working properly. The only issue I have with time is that the server is GMT -0500 and my customers are GMT -0600, so the post times are off an hour, but no one minds that.)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Trent, I created a my-templates/profile.php and changed line 52 of that file from:

if ( strtotime(get_topic_start_time()) < strtotime(get_topic_time()) )

to this:

if ( get_topic_start_timestamp() < strtotime(get_topic_time()) )

and now it works as expected and returns the correct date for the topic_start_time. I don’t know if that’s the correct way to fix it, but it works over here.

I also edited a couple of places where sentences end with “ago” and made them consistent with a period, or not, for all of them.

That fixed it up all right. I am submitting that portion to TRAC! Thanks!

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Nice! I’ll apply this then, once done eating my burger here.. ;):) If I remember right, someone did post about that over in the WP.org mailing list(s) can’t remember which one though.. Or, maybe it was the bbdev list.. I better check ..

But I think Michael Adams seen it, and was going to apply a “Fix” after holidays.. when the next release of bbPress comes out.. (after holidays) I’m assuming.. either way.. thanks for the “fix”.. :) :D

spencerp

/Here’s the thread I meant to post it in lmao..

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar