Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bug in register-success.php?

• I’m not sure if this is a bug, or just something I have wrong, but my husband noticed it right away. I missed it even though I’ve been working with bbPress for several weeks and have installed it on three different sites! LOL

Anyhow, it’s a relatively minor issue, but has anyone seen this?

When a user registers, the success message reads “Your registration as was successful…”. I thought it was a simple typo, but when I looked at the code it goes like this:

<?php printf(__('Your registration as <strong>%s</strong> was successful. Within a few minutes you should receive an email with your password.'), $user_login) ?>

BTW, I have the same result when I register on this support forum. I think the main issue is that the variable $user_login, created in register.php, is no longer available after bb_load_template( 'register-success.php' );.

Does anyone know if there is a variable containing this info? Since the user is not logged in at that time, I can’t use any of the current user info. As I said, this is quite minor – the success message would be almost as good without the user login ID in there.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Oops, I forgot to do a “search” prior to posting this, and I see that it was already posted by someone else. Please disregard.

Thanks for posting it here anyway :) bugs go on trac for fixing, and this particular one’s already been addressed. I can’t tell if it went into the latest version (.8.2.1) or not but it should be fixed in trunk.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar