Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress/WordPress/bbPress Role Maps

• Role maps were working fine. But then I installed User Role Editor by Vladimir Garagulya and when it failed to produce the results I wanted, I hit reset, deactivated it, and uninstalled/deleted it.

WordPress users are “Members” and bbPress users are “Inactive (no role)”.

I can’t change them as one anymore.

I use: bbPress 1.0.3, WordPress 3.1.1. , and Buddypress.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Maybe there is a way to use the forums but pull all the information for roles, etc, from WordPress? I don’t know alot about php.. Just a shot in the dark lol!

Maybe there is a way to use the forums but pull all the information for roles, etc, from WordPress? I don’t know alot about php.. Just a shot in the dark lol!

Nobody?

Nobody?

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

and Buddypress

bbPress isn’t compatible with BuddyPress.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

and Buddypress

bbPress isn’t compatible with BuddyPress.

>.> I’m using bbPress standalone, but integrated with WordPress. I am using matching themes. Everything was working, as I said, until I installed User Role Editor by Vladimir Garagulya. But not the Role Maping is broken.

I don’t know how to fix it.

>.> I’m using bbPress standalone, but integrated with WordPress. I am using matching themes. Everything was working, as I said, until I installed User Role Editor by Vladimir Garagulya. But not the Role Maping is broken.

I don’t know how to fix it.

So I guess I’m going to just start from scratch… again.

So I guess I’m going to just start from scratch… again.

So I started from scratch, and it seems they were never working. I don’t understand how Buddypress can defunk the role mapping? I don’t even really know if thats what the issue is. I’m going to start over again and do it without buddypress.

I only wanted Buddypress for the rich profiles and activity stream.

So I started from scratch, and it seems they were never working. I don’t understand how Buddypress can defunk the role mapping? I don’t even really know if thats what the issue is. I’m going to start over again and do it without buddypress.

I only wanted Buddypress for the rich profiles and activity stream.

So I have a fresh install of WordPress and bbPress(latest stable versions)

Integration is perfect! Admin can login and out on both sides with the same login. Can post, etc etc.

I created another user to test the role map. I changed the Subscriber/Inactive role in WP to Contributor/Member. Still it did not change in bbPress.

…I had hoped zaerl was right about it being BuddyPress. It apparently is not BuddyPress causing the problem. Can anyone help?

So I have a fresh install of WordPress and bbPress(latest stable versions)

Integration is perfect! Admin can login and out on both sides with the same login. Can post, etc etc.

I created another user to test the role map. I changed the Subscriber/Inactive role in WP to Contributor/Member. Still it did not change in bbPress.

…I had hoped zaerl was right about it being BuddyPress. It apparently is not BuddyPress causing the problem. Can anyone help?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar