Categories
Search
Bottom

[SOLVED] Breadcrumb custom display in the theme

• j0k
    Participant

@j0k

Hi,

I am using bbPress for a WordPress website. It is working great, but I have few problems to customize it…

In the WP theme I made, I have a breadcrumb (created in functions.php), and in the forums pages, I also have the bbPress breadcrumb that is displayed. Because mine doesn’t work in the forum pages (because I don’t succeed in displaying the custom posts), I would like to do something like this in my theme files:
    – If the Forum Page is displayed –> display my_breadcrumb(); (because it is a normal post)
    – If the other forum pages are displayed –> display bbp_breadcrumb(); (because they are custom posts)

But for this (stop me if I am wrong) I think I have to edit the bbp_template_before_forums_loop in the bbp-theme-compat folder, to remove manually the bbp_breadcrumb and to display it in my theme, but I can’t find in which file is called bbp_template_before_forums_loop.

Thanks by advance for your help, and don’t hesitate to ask if you need more details!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• j0k
    Participant

@j0k

OK, I succeeded in doing the first thing.

I checked in the database and found the custom post types in the wp_posts table:
    `
    if (!is_post_type(‘forum’) || !is_post_type(‘post’) || !is_post_type(‘topic’) || !is_post_type(‘reply’)){
    if (function_exists(‘my_breadcrumb’)) my_breadcrumb();
    }
    `

The problem now is that I have to do it for all the children pages of these custom post types (forum, post, topic and reply), but I can’t find how to do it. I will try something with the get_page_children() function but I am not sure that it will work with custom posts…

j0k
    Participant

@j0k

Oh damn, here is the good syntax:

`
    if (!is_post_type(‘forum’) && !is_post_type(‘post’) && !is_post_type(‘topic’) && !is_post_type(‘reply’)){
    if (function_exists(‘my_breadcrumb’)) my_breadcrumb();
    }
    `

Now it works, I just have to find the “else” part with the bbPress breadcrumb to display in the theme and my problem will be resolved.

[sorry for the multi-posts, but I can’t edit my last reply]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar