Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

blockquote?

• bakedlogdotcom

@bakedlogdotcom

I don’t know if I’m missing something here or what, but when replying or posting, I see no difference if when I surround a block of text with <blockquote> or not…

It’s a pain because there is no way to create line separation when posting… you can’t use <br> .. is there a way to customize the ‘Allowed tags’? Please help & thx in advance.

-BHensley

-http://Bakedlog.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You should be able to change your style.css to reflect how you want your blockquote to work. I changed mine and see no problems with it. Take a look at:

http://forum.trentadams.ca/topic.php?id=313&replies=1#post-483

Used:

blockquote {

border-left: 1px solid #c00;

border-right: 1px solid #c00;

border-top: 1px solid #c00;

border-bottom: 1px solid #c00;

background: #fff;

width: 300px;

margin-left: 1.5em;

padding: 5 5 5 5px;

}

Is that what you mean or could you give an example?

Trent

bakedlogdotcom

@bakedlogdotcom

yes thank you!

azizpoonawalla

@azizpoonawalla

I just installed bbpress yetserday on a new domain and have integrated it with wordpress using the plugin, etc. I also have found that the default template has no blockquote support. Even by including the blockquote definition given above by Trent verbatim in my bb-admin/style.css file does no good, here is a view source excerpt of the source file:

<blockquote><p>[Shakir 5:57] O you who believe! do not take for guardians those who take your religion for a mockery and a joke...</p></blockquote>

as a test…

testing blockquote here in bbpress support

nope. above line doesnt render in blockquoted indent either.

i think the problem is the insertion of <p></p> tags around every paragraph. Since blockquote is an inline style, the p tags override it. we could get around this by using a div class=blockquote kind of construction instead but wouldt it be nicer if blockquote just worked out of the box?

verbatim in my bb-admin/style.css file does no good

because there are no blockquotes in bb-Admin. Apply them to your theme, which should be in my-templates/themename/style.css. I agree, kakumei needs default blockquote support. I’ll add a trac ticket or sumthin’.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar