Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Best way to remove ‘unresolved topics’

• What is the best way to remove all the stuff concerning ‘unresolved topics’ ? This might be a feature on a forum concerning software, but for a general chat forum it’s superfluous.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• so1o
    Participant

@so1o

there are two things you have to do..

1. one change the topic tempalte to remove the call to topic_resolved()

<li id="resolution-flipper"><?php _e('This topic is') ?> <?php topic_resolved(); ?></li>

2. fix get_views() in the functions.php

to that just write a plugin to remove the unwanted options from the views

function my_no_support_views($views) {

return array_diff($views, array('unresolved' => __('Unresolved topics')));

}

add_filter('bb_views', 'my_no_support_views');

armisteadbooker

@armisteadbooker

s010, I’m going to rephrase what you said. Let me know if this still looks correct. Also, your Step #2 has an error in the code writeup (placement of the end bracket).

1. Find and comment out the following code in bb-templates/topic.php to remove the call to topic_resolved.

<li id="resolution-flipper"><?php _e('This topic is') ?> <?php topic_resolved(); ?></li>

Like this:

<!--<li id="resolution-flipper"><?php _e('This topic is') ?> <?php topic_resolved(); ?></li>-->

2. Add the following code to bb-includes/functions.php to overwrite the get_views functionality (don’t remove the get_views, just add this code anywhere on functions.php).

function my_no_support_views($views) {

return array_diff($views, array('unresolved' => __('Unresolved topics')));

add_filter('bb_views', 'my_no_support_views');

}

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar