Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Beginnings …

• coffee177

@coffee177

I m a pretty newbie to the templates. Just started toying with php/stylesheets ect.. and just had a few quick questions:

1. Where in the stylesheets if at all can you enlarge the LOGIN and PASSWORD prompts? Can seem to find those. Also, I would like to stretch the page width over the background.

2. Could someone recomend somthing for working with themes and stylesheets in linux?

thanks,

coffee

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

1. You want to look at ./login-form.php in your template directory. Those fields are defined with a “size=13” – you can change that, or you could do it all in the stylesheet if you remove this from your login form.

2. On Linux, all I use is a text editor and Firefox with the Web Developer Toolbar. I’ve never found a WYSIWYG HTML editor or IDE for Linux that I liked for modifying HTML , CSS or templates.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

coffee177

@coffee177

Thank you very much for the advice. Im going to run with it and see what I can do.

I see that KompoZer has some type of “css” editor included in it now. Im looking at that too.

coffee

coffee177

@coffee177

So, Is it safe to say that settings in the *.php files override the settings in style.css ?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No, it doesn’t work like that. Well, sort of. You could include inline CSS in the php files and that would overwrite the stylesheet. But in this case, the field is defined as a size of 13, but it’s not via CSS. You should do one or the other.

If you had a definition in the CSS, like this:

#user_login {
    width: 100px;
    }
    #password {
    width: 100px;
    }

That would make those two fields 100px wide, so long as you got rid of the size="13" in the login-form.php. Now, if you put some inline style in the login-form.php, like this:

<input name="user_login" type="text" id="user_login" style="width: 274px;" ...

The field would be 274px wide, not 100px wide. That’s just the Cascading nature of stylesheets.

Without messing with CSS at all, you could just change 13 in your template’s login-form.php to something wider to suit your needs.

coffee177

@coffee177

Thanks so much for your replies.

How about the size of Login: and Password: ? I find them a little small to really read. I have been looking thru the themes but I guess I dont know enough yet to get them changed to a larger print.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You mean the size of the font, not the width of the box? I think you want to find this section in your stylesheet and experiment with some different values for line-height and font-size:

form.login input {

border: 1px solid #999;

padding: 2px;

line-height: 14px;

font-size: 12px;

margin: 0;

}

coffee177

@coffee177

Thanks, I will check that out.

I really appreciate all the help from everyone.

coffee

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar