Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBXF – Bulletin board XML format

• Hi,

What exactly IS the BBXF format? I can’t find a schema for it and I would like to convert over a decade of forum data from a proprietary system on learnjazzpiano.com into a format that can be imported into bbpress.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I can’t find the schema online either… but it looks like BBXF is now supported by bbPress v 1.

If you have a working install of the bbPress alpha or RC1, you could export your data from there and figure out the schema from the export?

That’s a good idea, I haven’t looked at the release candidates for BBpress… learned long ago to let other people get messy on the bleeding edge of technology :)

What’s the chance that the data format will change when the real version 1 is release, anyone?

I’m not sure… but once you’ve successfully imported the data into bbPress, you should be able to upgrade to the final version of bbPress without having to worry about BBXF anymore?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Actually the BBXF plugins have been temporarily removed from bbPress.

This one has been on the back-burner for a while, but hoping to base the first real release on the RSS or ATOM standard somehow. Similar to the way WordPress’ export format is based on RSS.

Ok, thanks, so basically at this time there is no way to import forum data into bbpress?

Is there any kind of timeline on when something like this will be integrated, either via a plugin or internal to bbpress? No rush on this end, there’s a lot of customizing I need to do and I have to learn PHP to create some plugins I need, but I don’t want to waste my time if it’s not going to happen.

Does RC3 include any utilities to import data from atom/rss xml documents? Eagerly awaiting such a feature so I can start using it on learnjazzpiano.com :)

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Not at the moment and it won’t have anything available in the first release.

Are there any database diagrams yet? I might be able to stuff the database myself if I knew the db structures and dependencies.

I would like to know the database schema, too. I have about 2000 posts from a flat file database and want to import it to bbpress. Anyone has any suggestions?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Could you use the “Data Dictionary” link at the bottom of the page in phpMyAdmin? I think it shows you everything you need to know about the tables. Not sure what versions of phpMyAdmin that’s in, but it’s in version 3.2 for sure and I think I recall that being in at least as far back as 2.9.

http://www.chrishajer.com/bbpress/data-dictionary.png

Does that give enough information to start converting?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar