Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbSync

• This is a WordPress plugin. It will not work as a plugin in bbPress. WordPress and bbPress must be integrated.

bbSync will integrate WordPress and bbPress pretty thoroughly. Any posts made on the blog will create a new topic on the forums (this supports slugs and anything else that will come). Any replies made to the topic in the forums can be shown under the WP post with <?php felbbreplies(); ?>, and it will show people’s avatars if you use Louisedade’s avatar upload plugin.

You can migrate the old synchronisation from bbPress Post and delete the unnecessary tables (this plugin keeps its data in topicmeta, with the key wp_posts).

Hoping to add stuff later, either when I want it myself or when other people want it. I want feedback if you have it! I eat my own dog food and I’m finding it delicious. Will upload as official plugin when I get access.

bbPress Post and this plugin should not be running at the same time, otherwise you’ll get duplicate topics when you blog. If you get some error about a call to member function of a non-object, there’s a good chance adding this in the middle of your bbPress’ config.php file will help:

global $bbdb;

This plugin does need configuring to do anything useful. Head to Options > bbSync and fill things in please.

http://rapidshare.com/files/35813637/bbsync.zip.html

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 259 total)
  • Should i continue working on this wp plugin ? or is it just crap/unnecessary ?

http://hcdn.myftp.org/kent/files/ed98-tags-admin.rar

ive just updated the file .. my tag array seems dissapear ?

Edit: fixed..

I don’t know. It’s up to you. It doesn’t seem to integrate with bbsync, so I haven’t really got anything to do with it?

it was a test plugin .. i tried to understand the db relationships, and i did .. now i know now how to update a post tag .. so there is nothing usable? :) ok

williamtildesley

@williamtildesley

Any clue as to when this *bug* will be fixed?

Not to be pushy but I’m kinda hoping to release a site with this plugin.

Nope. Whenever I figure it out.

Feel free to be pushy. I’m still doing it for myself. :P

At the same time, I do run my own site on bbsync so I am inclined to get it fixed as soon as I can.

williamtildesley

@williamtildesley

any news?

Thanks,

-William

No. If I have news, rest assured that I’ll post them here. Subscribing to the RSS feed may be easiest for you.

I’m having a couple of issues:

-Is it just me, or are a few files missing from the package. There are claims in the documents of a

stylesheet and another file outside of bbsync.php.

-When I put the <?php bbrepliestext(); ?> tag in my theme, it shows nothing, then I try <?php felbbreplies(); ?> and I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function felbbreplies() in /Applications/MAMP/taos.htdocs/woodfin/wp-content/themes/default/single.php on line 56

I’ve integrated WordPress and bbPress with the database and plugins. Is there something I’m missing to make this work, because this is a great plugin.

Is it possible to add the following functionality to bbsync:

(I’m copying from https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/move-a-comment-from-wp-to-bbpress?replies=1)

In order to end some unruly discussions at the blog, I’d love to have a one-click solution for moving the offending comments to the forum.

Ideally, I’d create a “Blog discussion” forum in bbpress. Then, each post in the blog automatically creates a topic in that forum (no need to copy the post to the forum, just name the topic after the post). Then, in wp admin panel (Comments section) each comment has an option “Move to the forum”. So blog admin can easily move the irrelevant comments to appropriate topic in the forum.

sheatsb, out-of-date documentation. I didn’t realise people actually read that. :P You don’t need the files, you don’t need the tag, it’s improved since then.

AlexHertz, it would have been better etiquette to just ask in your original topic if it can be done with bbsync. Starting two debates is rude because it’s spam, but also counter-productive because, well, you’ve got two small debates.

_Any_ functionality can be added to bbsync. It doesn’t do what you’re asking for, however. In addition, ‘moving comments to the forum’ would be pointless, because – and this is core bbsync functionality – replies in the forum show up as comments.

thanks! i realized the problem with with my local install.

Comment duplication fixed, ns gotten rid of as far as I can tell! o/

Man, lots to figure out here. This is exactly what I’m looking for however I don’t really have the time or expertise to pull this off.

Any chance anyone out there is interested setting this up for my site for hire?

If so, you can reach me at jasonyormark@hotmail.com

I have this error after upgrading to latest wpmu.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare update_user_status() (previously declared in /xxx/xxx/public_html/wp-admin/includes/mu.php:303) in /xxx/xxx/public_html/community/bb-includes/functions.php on line 817

what does it mean?

I get it when publishing and/or editing a post from wp-admin and I also get it when using the bbsync functions on the profile tab.

It means that your bb and wp aren’t integrated properly to use one set of functions. You need to put require('path/to/wp') into your bb config file.

That didn’t seem to work too well for me. I got a heap of fatal errors along the lines of

Warning: require(/xxxx/xxxx/public_html/) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/xxxx/community/config.php on line 49

Sorry, I should have been more thorough. Follow these instructions at the bottom of the page.

https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/#func

Thanks. I now get this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_tag() (previously declared in /xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxx/wp-includes/category.php:155) in /xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxx/community/bb-includes/functions.php on line 1608

Upgrade your version of bb to the latest official build (and the same for wp if you haven’t yet). In general you should always upgrade, particularly before asking for help.

I just started having an issue with the syncing of comments. Whenever someone comments in WP the post appears twice in bbP and all previous comments in WP appear to be copies of the most recent post. When I deactivate this plugin everything goes back to normal except that any posts that were made in bbP are no longer available in WP. Any thoughts? Might this be related to the issue others were having a page back?

morganoconnell
    Participant

@morganoconnell

Sounds similar to my situation. All posts are appearing fine in bbPress (from the forum and blog comments). However, in WordPress I only see several duplicates of the most recent comment.

If I deactivate the bbSync plugin all the blog comments are displayed as normal.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

http://www.madmtb.com/wordpress

Wordpress 2.3.3

bbPress 0.8.3.1

yup that sounds like the same issue. What other plugins are you using. Maybe we can figure out a common component that isnt playing nice with bbsync.

morganoconnell
    Participant

@morganoconnell

I’m running the plugins listed below. However, even after deactivating every other plugin, the duplication issue with bbSync is still occurring.

Akismet 2.1.3

All in One Adsense and YPN 1.5

bbPress Integration 0.74

bbSync 0.94

Collapsible Archive Widget 2.1.2

dTabs 1.1

TubePress 1.5.7

Ultimate Google Analytics 1.6.0

wp-forecast 1.4

Thanks for the great plugin. Everything appears to be working fine, but I am unable to get a link to appear in the forum taking you back to the original blog. I have not been able to find anything in this support forum about this. I have the options page set up with “%title% %name%” in the linkback field, but I have also tried it with each individually and it doesn’t appear to do anything.

Any suggestions on getting the link back from the forum to the blog?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 259 total)
  • The topic ‘bbSync’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar