Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbSync

• This is a WordPress plugin. It will not work as a plugin in bbPress. WordPress and bbPress must be integrated.

bbSync will integrate WordPress and bbPress pretty thoroughly. Any posts made on the blog will create a new topic on the forums (this supports slugs and anything else that will come). Any replies made to the topic in the forums can be shown under the WP post with <?php felbbreplies(); ?>, and it will show people’s avatars if you use Louisedade’s avatar upload plugin.

You can migrate the old synchronisation from bbPress Post and delete the unnecessary tables (this plugin keeps its data in topicmeta, with the key wp_posts).

Hoping to add stuff later, either when I want it myself or when other people want it. I want feedback if you have it! I eat my own dog food and I’m finding it delicious. Will upload as official plugin when I get access.

bbPress Post and this plugin should not be running at the same time, otherwise you’ll get duplicate topics when you blog. If you get some error about a call to member function of a non-object, there’s a good chance adding this in the middle of your bbPress’ config.php file will help:

global $bbdb;

This plugin does need configuring to do anything useful. Head to Options > bbSync and fill things in please.

http://rapidshare.com/files/35813637/bbsync.zip.html

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 259 total)

• crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

fel,

I’ve installed brand new version of WP and BBP and am running then locally. The only plugins I have activated are (in WP) BBSync and BBPress Integration. I also have WP integration running in BBP.

However, it never actually seems to post anything. WP posts the new blog post, but the topic is not created in the forum.

No error messages you can see? Have you checked your error logs?

almost got BS running. now when i save posts, i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_user() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/DOMAIN/forums/bb-includes/functions.php on line 992′

this is the offensive line from functions.php:

992 ‘return $bb_cache->get_user( $user_id, $cache );’

this only happens with bsync enabled. ideas?

Yup. Add global $bb_cache; to bbpress’ config.php.

Fel64, much appreciate your patience.

i get errors now, even though it posts in the forum now.

‘bbPress database error: [Unknown column ‘post_title’ in ‘field list’]

UPDATE bb_posts SET post_title='(No Title)’ WHERE post_id=’4′ ‘

‘Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/host/public_html/domain/forums/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php:158) in /home/host/public_html/domain/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 331’

it does post though. we’re almost!

Certainly there’s no code that does that in bbSync, nor in bbPress I think. Bizarre. post_title? Have you maybe got a plugin that adds titles to posts?

If only errors included where in the PHP code it was :P

yup, up and running now. thx.

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

fel,

I can’t see anything. Now my server is just running on my desktop, and while I set up the php-ini to output an error log, I haven’t seen anything so far.

That’s pretty weird. I don’t know about this but do you also have to enable database errors seperately?

Try using the error logs thing and see if anything turns up. http://rapidshare.com/files/38571149/errorlogs.php.html

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

It’s not finding any error logs.

I did get it to post something in the forum from WP, but it used the default forum id rather than the one I put in during the posting process. Going back and leaving it blank on the options page causes the post not to appear in the forum.

Also, once I posted, a new row was created in wp_user_meta for the post with my user id, the meta-key of capabilities (rather than wp_ or bb_capabilites) nad a capability set to “member”.

What happens if you use the forum name instead of ID?

Ah, so that capabilities thing _is_ related. Not that I know why.

Was there any change when it started posting to the forum?

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

fel,

Using a forum name instead of a number in the Write Post screen while the default is left blank also results in no post to the forum.

Anything I put in bbsync ~ forum box in the Write Post screen is overridden by what is in the default screen.

So a summary; no posts if default is empty on config screen; posts only if the default screen is filled in and then posts only to that forum, overriding anything in the Write screen.

BTW, I have two additional integration plugins running: in BBPress, I have WordPress Integration 0.7 by Michael D Adams; in WP I have bbPress Integration 0.74 also by Michael D Adams.

Sorry Crowspeak, I’m not immediately sure what the problem could be. I’ll mull it over and go through the code again sometime. Hopefully it’s not too much of a problem for you.

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

No problem. This is all sandbox stuff.

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

fel,

I did (I think) verify that the capabilities entry is being posted to wp_usermeta as a result of bbsync. If I disable the bbsync plug-in and post, a row with capabilities (without the bb_ prefix) is not added to wp_usermeta.

I did (I think) verify that the capabilities entry is being posted to wp_usermeta as a result of bbsync. If I disable the bbsync plug-in and post, a row with capabilities (without the bb_ prefix) is not added to wp_usermeta.

Yeah, I agree and you’re probably right. I think it’s an issue with bb being all confused when it’s loaded after wp, and not finding capabilities it assigns the defaults but with the wrong meta_key … or sumthin’?

Is the entry created every time you post? Is it only created if it doesn’t yet exist (or has been deleted)? Repeatability is where the problem is, since everyone seems to get different problems and I haven’t had that one.

Updated to version ω (the labelling is entirely arbitrary). (Does this fix it Crowspeaker?) Once you upgrade, you needa press that ‘upgrade’ button or your previous bbsync’ed posts will no longer work.

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

fel,

I posted this on the plugin in page as well:

The upgrade did not fix my problem. Trying to post with default forum left blank failed to create a post in BBpress. Posting with a default forum would post only to that forum (no override on the writing page). User_meta with the key capabilities still being created.

Sorry.

Guess these forums are seperate from the plugins after all – subscribed here but not there :/.

Thanks for looking at that more closely, that’s helpful. :)

Crowspeaker, would you mind editing a core file? If you can edit line 257 of bb-includes/capabilities.php to this:

$this->cap_key = 'foo_capabilities';

Then save/publish a post as you always do and see if the entry foo_capabilities is created?

That would bizarrely mean that the BB_User has an ID but no capabilities.

crowspeaker

@crowspeaker

fel,

It did in fact create a f00_capabilities entry.

Also, when posting, it seems to post only the title, not any of the post at all (even if full post is the default).

Interesting. Can you comment out line 262? Actions and filters are a nice system but a nightmare to debug. Invisible gotos.

I would really, really like to be able to tinker more with a setup that has problems. Can you give me the full details of what you’re running? What OS, what thing to run PHP, what version of PHP and the like?

I’m getting a file not found error when clicking on the download link.

Did you try downloading from the plugin browser? https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/56

Trent if you see this could you take out the rapidshare link from the first post and replace it please? :)

Thanks fel74, that got me to it.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 259 total)
  • The topic ‘bbSync’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar