Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress within WordPress theme

• I worked through the screencast to integrate bbPress with wordpress and all seems to be working well.

The thing is I can not figure out how to get bbPress to work within my theme, I want the wordpress theme to be a kind of ‘wrapper’ for the forum, putting just a link in the header to the forum, then for bbPress to come up on the page.

Is there a simple code tag I can put on a page to make this happen or else how do I do it?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

bbPress is not a plugin for WordPress, so what you’re looking for requires some work on your part. You need to create a theme for bbPress that mimics the look of your WordPress theme. We’re all spoiled with finding WordPress themes for free, pretty much all over the place. The same thing does not exist yet for bbPress themes, although there are a few bbPress themes that match their WordPress counterparts. If you have a WordPress theme you like already, you’re probably going to have to create a theme for bbPress that looks like that one.

That stinks I was able to integrate punBB by just adding header/footer of my theme. Would be nice if bbPress were made more “theme” friendly.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar