Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress v1’s eventual release

• I’m curious about the upcoming v1 bbPress, and what advantages it may have. Not that I expect a release any time this year from the news, but I’m interested to know what experienced users and programmers see as its main advantages.

I’m happy with 0.9.0.4 now, and have all the plugins I need to get the results I want (blessed be the name of _ck_). Does anyone think sticking with a sound and working v0.9x into next year is a good idea..?

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

WordPress is planning on implementing a labeling system to identify “canonical” plugins. I believe the rating of these will be community driven. It’s early days on that one, but I think a user driven approach would be the only legitimate way to go.

Thanks for the MySQL query testing above. I’ll look into what’s possible without bloating the cache objects.

People might be interested to know that in Automattic’s mix of bbPress usage we use no external object cacheing (like memcached) or page caching. This is with both 0.9 and 1.0 versions.

Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

Sam, very interesting. Could you possibly quantify that a little more? I think it would be really helpful for folks who have growing forums and are thinking about how they will scale.

A rough user count and the infrastructure investment (servers) for each bbPress installation, for example.

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar