Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress user integration broke wp admin access

• I’m not sure that it’s the “fault” of bbpress, but i just successfully set up

an installation and integrated the user db with my wordpress install.

However, now I find that I can’t get into my admin page for wordpress.

I get the error:

“You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

With my admin username. Same with any other username I have. I can log in, but I don’t have the right access.

I can however get into the bbpress admin page.

I have access to phpMyAdmin and checked out the db. In the usermeta table I have this entry for my admin user:

wp_capabilities a:1:{s:13:”administrator”;b:1;}

Which looks right to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Same problem here. As far as I know, I followed the instructions to the t in integrating these two DBs – I have the blog running on one db, and the bb running on a second, but the users being “pulled” from the blog db. Once I did that, I lost all rights to access the backend. Have changed everything I can find on the backend to make this work, made edits in phpmyadmin to the user settings in the server, and even tried the plugin that was made available, Fix Admin Access – no avail.

Would love some other pointers if people have gotten buried on this. I’m not sure what else to pull together here.

I had that problem except I couldn’t log into bbpress after intergrating but my 17 yr old daughter(smarty pants!) re did the whole thing using the same data base for both and now it works

Doreen – could you post the solution? It’s maddening to know you fixed it and yet didn’t share your solution.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar