Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress tinymce not showing

• dprundle
    Participant

@dprundle

Hello! I just want to first thank everyone for this great plugin forum.

I have enabled “Enable Fancy Editor” in settings > forums , however my tinymce editor does not show. I simply see the generic HTML editor. Is there a known fix for this problem?

I’m using the default wordpress twenty eleven theme. Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Either a JS issue, or a conflict with Jetpack 2.0. bbPress 2.2 will address this further.

dprundle
    Participant

@dprundle

Thank you! To fix this I changed the settings > forums “Theme Packages” setting back to default “twentyten” and the tinymce editor is back.

livninctry
    Participant

@livninctry

I am still having problems with this same issue… No matter what I try I can not get “Fancy Editor” to show. The site I am working on is:

http://www.dev.hoaconnections.com/venturahoa/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

disturbedrod
    Participant

@disturbedrod

I have the same problem, I even removed Jetpack (don’t need it) and still the fancy editor will not show up…

jwrbloom
    Participant

@jwrbloom

I don’t have the option to choose theme packages under Settings > Forum

I’m having TinyMCE issues, which is why I’m here. Not using JetPack. Up to date on WP and bbPress.

zeaks
    Participant

@zeaks

I’m having this problem again as well. html editor buttons not showing, visual are, when I switch from html to visual editor, the cursor moves all the way to the right of the post box as well.

zeaks
    Participant

@zeaks

Any update on this? I’m still not able to get the editor buttons to show…

zeaks
    Participant

@zeaks

Seems to be the newest version of Commentluv causing a conflict with it.

pyoil
    Participant

@pyoil

Disable your plugins one by one, starting with your cache plugins and see if it fixes the issue.

I was having the same issue. In my case, my cache plugin was breaking both the tinymce visual editor and the quick tags in the text editor.

To fix both, I excluded the following JS scripts in my cache plugins:

js/tinymce, js/backbone.min.js, js/underscore.min.js, js/comment-reply.min.js

If you use Autooptimize then add the above piece of code here

Settings > Autooptimize > JavaScript Options > Exclude scripts from Autoptimize:

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar