Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress possibilities

• bedbugger
    Participant

@bedbugger

I really like bbpress and I hope people will develop it further. Most of all, I’d love to be able to use the same sidebar I have in my blog, or (even better) a new sidebar with widgets (which is what makes the WP blog so do-able for me). I am probably not the typical bbpress user, in that I don’t have much experience with editing themes and such.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Trent Adams

@trent

It hasn’t been talked about for a ‘long time’ here in the forums, but if you just embed your bbPress install around your WP theme, it will be calling the wordpress stuff for the sidebar and then have your forum on something like a WP ‘page’. We just implemented the plugin admin for the 1.0 release and 0.8 has the theme admin. It won’t be too long before someone figures out how to get ‘sidebar’ widgets working with bbPress…..just time!

Trent

billsaysthis

@billsaysthis

I’m new to bbPress so apologies if this is covered elsewhere and my searching didn’t turn up a previous answer…

Is there any documentation or more complete explanation of what is meant by “just embed your bbPress install around your WP theme, it will be calling the wordpress stuff for the sidebar and then have your forum on something like a WP ‘page’.”?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar