Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress plugin styling

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You can style via css. in /bbp Themes

Thanks. Honestly, im not even sure the 2010 theme is loading. It seems the forum is using my wp theme css rather than the default css. Ive tried copying the CSS from the bbp-twentyten into my themes style.css and still no luck. The forum is basically a blank slate right now.

I’m also running BBPress as a plugin to a pre-existing WordPress installation. After a lot of trial and error, I deduced that the forum appears on a WP page using the page.php template of the host wordpress theme.

I’ve tried manually assigning a different template file by using the BBPress shortcode on a specific page (created in wordpress) and then choosing a different template, but that option appears to get ignored, which is somewhat frustrating. I’m going to start a new thread for this issue, unless someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Correction. It doesn’t appear to be using the page.php template file however it is definitely piggybacking off the current wordpress theme somehow, because specific dynamic sidebars appear which are only called within my theme. It’s very confusing.

Although this question is highly related to the issue you’re having, I started a specific thread here:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/which-wordpress-template-file-gets-used-by-bbpress-plugin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar