Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress plugin 404 on forums

• Roy
    Participant

@gangleri

I’ve got a nasy little bug(ger). I’ve got a 3.5 WP installation with a forum using the BBpress plugin. Everything was running perfectly until I noticed that in my WP menus I could no longer drag and drop. I deactivated all plugins (which helped), reactivated them. So far so good. Then I noticed that my forums went funky.

The forum index works. I’ve got four forums, two public, two private. One of the forums works (one of the public ones), the other three give 404’s. The strange thing is that a newly created forum also gives a 404, but al subjects (or threads) work, also the threads in the malfunctioning forums.

So I thought: permalinks. Changed to default and back, no go. Edited the permalink of the forums manually to something ‘test’ (edit specific forum), no go. Edit the permalink for forums in the BBpress settings, no go.
    Of course I also tried deactivating plugins again, use default theme, searched around a bit on the www and noticed people with htaccess problems. I’m sure it’s something there, but I can’t figure it out, especially not because one forum works and the rest does not.
    Website monas.nl, see tab forums.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• docchewbacca
    Participant

@docchewbacca

I also have a 404 error that I didn’t not use to have in the past.

This is happening on a private forum.

Link is : http://nantes.ascee-ceteo.fr/forums/forum/nkms/

Even without being logged in, you should get a bbpress message saying you can’t reach the forum. Instead, there is this 404 error page.

Of course the same happens when you are logged in.

I tried changing the permalink, it didn’t do anything.

I tried swapping the forum to public, it worked (but when I revert to private, the 404 error is back).

docchewbacca
    Participant

@docchewbacca

Update: I did this https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/roles-capabilities/

and now it’s working.

Roy
    Participant

@gangleri

Thank you for your reply. It worked partially (for two of the three malfunctioning forums), but it’s better than nothing.

Roy
    Participant

@gangleri

Edit, problem is solved. I had a public forum as introduction, but since there were no thread in that part, I also got a “bugger!” notification when I clicked on it like on the forums with the malfunctioning permalinks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar