Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Plugin 2.1.1 breaks phpBB user pwd reset

• I had successfully converted a phpBB3 (3.0.10) Forum to bbPress Plugin 2.1, under WP 3.4.1 with bbPress’ built-in converter. phpBB usernames were converted, but passwords had to be reset and users were prompted to enter either their emails or usernames. Everything worked fine.

Then the other day, I upgraded to bbPress 2.1.1 (plugin), and now when a user tries to log in and supplies a password, instead of being redirected to an alert, I get this error (full path is truncated) – see below. Line 1467 is simply an instruction to process scripts in the “converters/” directory. I tried wiping out the Forum database and converted from phpBB again – same difference… Any idea?

Thanks,
    nick

Warning: require_once(converters/Phpbb.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /[…]/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-functions.php on line 1467

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘converters/Phpbb.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /[…]/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-functions.php on line 1467

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • This has now been fixed and will be in the next update v2.12

As a workaround you can download the updated phpBB.php file here.

Seeing as you wiped bbPress and tried the import from phpBB again, if you do the same again with this update users no longer need to reset their password 😉

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This should be fixed in 2.1.1 actually. The problem is each user has a meta value stored with ‘Phpbb’ when it should be ‘phpBB’. Updating the old meta keys should fix it, and I’ll add that bit into the next bbPress update.

Thanks guys. I’ve updated the phpBB.php file as suggested, wiped out the Forums again, did the conversion from phpBB3 – it went through beautifully – and promptly received the same error when trying to login as a non-admin user that got ported from phpBB, only now it complained about phpBB.php vs. Phpbb.php.

So still no-go for me. 🙁

nick

Warning: require_once(converters/phpBB.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/[ … ]/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-functions.php on line 1467

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘converters/phpBB.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in
    /home/[ … ]/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-functions.php on line 1467

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I forgot to include that revision in 2.1.1. It will be in 2.1.2 later this week. 🙁

Found the fix on this site, deep in the Tracking discussion. Adding bbp_admin(); (courtesy of xiosen) did the trick, like this:

// Setup admin (to include converter)
    require_once( bbpress()->plugin_dir . 'bbp-admin/bbp-admin.php' );

bbp_admin();

// Convert password
    require_once( bbpress()->admin->admin_dir . 'bbp-converter.php' );
    require_once( bbpress()->admin->admin_dir . 'converters/' . $row->meta_value . '.php' );

Many thanks,

nick

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar